• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alvarado...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

If he is (and right now, I hope that's a really really big IF).. but IF he is, I can pretty much assure you it won't do much for his confidence to have 50K Bulls fans telling him he sucks.

Do you think it's possible... just maybe possible... that regardless of who starts at kicker, we could show him some support instead of screaming "youuuuuuuuuuuu suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! on every field goal attempt?

Just saying...

what a disaster

leavitt should have recruited a top kicker used to kicking in football games

'

'

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

I'll believe when I see it.

My thoughts exactly

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Do people actually do that?  I gotta admit that when he comes into kick, I have my fingers crossed, and I pretty much know he's gonna miss.  Then I'm really disappointed, but I would never scream you suck to any of our players.

Yes... I sat behind two yahoos who screamed "Delbert you suck!"... and this was BEFORE he even attempted his first kick of the night at UCF.  They were on him from the get go.  The idiot in front of me told me he wants to stab him... now, mind you, he was a drunk slurring idiot, but still... this is what our "fans" are like towards DA.  When my wife and I told him to shut up and that he should back ALL Bulls players, he said to us... "Did you see him at Auburn?  I was at Auburn, were YOU at Auburn?"  Uh, yeah, we were, and just cuz you went on a roadie and USF bought your ticket doesn't give you the right to be an a**hole.

Also, there's a YouTube video out there where some Bulls "fans" scream "you ******* suck!" when he misses and "I want to ****** kill you"... etc etc etc.

Not exactly conducive to improving the kid's confidence.  I'm ashamed at our fans sometimes.

• Content Count:  403

I'm going to start booing Teachey.. because if he isn't good enough to beat out Alvarado, then he must be terrible!  JUST KIDDING!  I don't think that college players should be booed.  Colllege coaches are fair game.

• Content Count:  1,482

I agree that college players should not be booed. If Alvarado starts, i have lost some faith in CJL. You gotta get Maikon in a game, if he misses a FG it would be the same result as having alvarado in. Give the freshman a chance!

Guest nybullsfan

I don't think that college players should be booed.  Colllege coaches are fair game.

I agree for the most part. Those kids are playing their hearts out. Boo the play-calling, not the play.

However, the personal foul penalties should be booed. That's usually the player's own decision to screw up.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if CJL brings in Bonani for the extra points to get him some game-time experience, but leaves Alvarado in for the field goals this week.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Do people actually do that?  I gotta admit that when he comes into kick, I have my fingers crossed, and I pretty much know he's gonna miss.  Then I'm really disappointed, but I would never scream you suck to any of our players.

Yes... I sat behind two yahoos who screamed "Delbert you suck!"... and this was BEFORE he even attempted his first kick of the night at UCF.  They were on him from the get go.  The idiot in front of me told me he wants to stab him... now, mind you, he was a drunk slurring idiot, but still... this is what our "fans" are like towards DA.  When my wife and I told him to shut up and that he should back ALL Bulls players, he said to us... "Did you see him at Auburn?  I was at Auburn, were YOU at Auburn?"  Uh, yeah, we were, and just cuz you went on a roadie and USF bought your ticket doesn't give you the right to be an a**hole.

Also, there's a YouTube video out there where some Bulls "fans" scream "you ******* suck!" when he misses and "I want to ****** kill you"... etc etc etc.

Not exactly conducive to improving the kid's confidence.  I'm ashamed at our fans sometimes.

Yeah, that's pretty shameful.  I was in the back of section 223 last week.  Mostly alumni.  Everyone was pretty dissapointed after the missed kick (and the coaching decision to kick), and I will admit that I let a couple of F-bombs fly.  But that's total BS to start dissing DA BEFORE he even kicks.  WTF??  I did see that youtube video, that was bad.  It's perfectly normal to be really pissed after a missed kick, but don't direct it at Alverado.

Again, I still think its high time to give someone else a chance.  What have we got to lose?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,688
  • Days Won:  424

You should have also said "if you WERE at Auburn you saw him kick the biggest freaking field goal in USF history....... assclown".

Not exactly conducive to improving the kid's confidence.  I'm ashamed at our fans sometimes.

I will never fully understand why mouthbreathers feel the need to that. Do the dimwits think it's going to HELP the situation?? .... especially to a college kid who's trying his best and if  his best isn't good enough, yelling at HIM won't do a **** bit of good.

Don't know if itn was already posted but here's a little blurb from Delbert on Brett's blog:

STAYING POSITIVE: While Leavitt was non-committal on who will handle the field-goal kicking on Friday, junior Delbert Alvarado’s confidence hasn’t wavered.

“I’m working hard and trying to get better,†the Robinson grad said. “You can’t change the past, so you have to move forward. If you get down on yourself and let that beat you up, it’s going to be tough.â€

Alvarado, who missed a game-winning kick in the closing seconds of regulation at UCF, has made just one of four attempts this season.

“The ball’s been down, so it’s up to me to get the ball up and in,†he said. “I haven’t been able to do that, so that’s all on me. I have to focus on getting the ball up and taking it one day at a time.

“We came back and won [at UCF], so I’m staying positive and working hard to try to help this team win ball games.â€

• Content Count:  1,482

The FG he made at Auburn wouldn't have been the biggest in our history had he at least made one of the previous ones.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

You should have also said "if you WERE at Auburn you saw him kick the biggest freaking field goal in USF history....... assclown".

That's exactly what we said... who's the kid who hit the field goal when it really really counted?  Delbert.

And FYI... on the blocked kick at UCF where Gregory got shoved, Burnett came around the end COMPLETELY UNBLOCKED.  Not DA's fault.

Let us not forget that Auburn was our 2nd game of the year last year, just like UCF was this year.  After the early season jitters, DA was pretty much money for the rest of the season.  Yeah, he missed a few, but nothing like Auburn.  If he's our guy, let's hope for a repeat.

Archived