• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alvarado...

RicanBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

may not be starting at place kicker friday. Leavitt says he is undecided. We'll see...

(from The Oracle, no link up yet)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  936

Could be good news.

• Content Count:  1,633

BLOWS!

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I'll believe when I see it.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

If he is (and right now, I hope that's a really really big IF).. but IF he is, I can pretty much assure you it won't do much for his confidence to have 50K Bulls fans telling him he sucks.

Do you think it's possible... just maybe possible... that regardless of who starts at kicker, we could show him some support instead of screaming "youuuuuuuuuuuu suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! on every field goal attempt?

Just saying...

• Content Count:  2,478

If he is (and right now, I hope that's a really really big IF).. but IF he is, I can pretty much assure you it won't do much for his confidence to have 50K Bulls fans telling him he sucks.

Do you think it's possible... just maybe possible... that regardless of who starts at kicker, we could show him some support instead of screaming "youuuuuuuuuuuu suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! on every field goal attempt?

Just saying...

After Auburn last year, when Alvorado would make a field goal it seemed like the crowd was louder than normal in his support. He is a great punter, but I have lost all confidence in him coming in as a place kicker.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Just saying...

After Auburn last year, when Alvorado would make a field goal it seemed like the crowd was louder than normal in his support. He is a great punter, but I have lost all confidence in him coming in as a place kicker.

I haven't lost ALL confidence yet... just most of it.

That being said, I still think that we need to get behind the kid... or whomever kicks... and be supportive.  Why make the kid more nervous than I'm sure he already is?

• Content Count:  4,092
  • Days Won:  14

Just saying...

Do people actually do that?  I gotta admit that when he comes into kick, I have my fingers crossed, and I pretty much know he's gonna miss.  Then I'm really disappointed, but I would never scream you suck to any of our players.

But, at the end of the day, I have to believe that we need to get someone else out there to take a shot at FGs.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Just saying...

I don't yell you suck when Delbert misses, but a usual DAMNIT is known to come out of my mouth (but not inappropriately loud).  It's probably because when everyone around me panics when they see him run on the field I always look at everyone and say, "It's ok, he's got it."  Unfortunately he doesn't "got it."  

I'm still confident when Delbert comes on the field.  Though, I won't be disappointed to see someone else come out.  

Of course, now I'm as nervous about FG kicking as I was about passing back in the Joulmiste era, and will be for a very long time.  I remember the days.  Joulmiste either threw for defensive pass interference, wailed the ball out of bounds, or threw interceptions.  Loved the guy, but our passing game was penalties back then.

• Content Count:  66,110
  • Days Won:  172

I'll believe when I see it.

i am with you

but how can he  let alvarado kick

Archived