• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My DVR cut out in the 4th qrtr with 9 mins left

I watched my DVR replay this morning and here is what I can say about the second interception:

1) USF was in a 4-WR set with Plancher in the backfield.

2) On the snap, Plancher ran out for a pass.

3) UCF blitzed two LBs plus their four DLs -- six defenders against five offensive lineman.

4) One of the LBs was colmpletely untouched running right at Grothe.

5) Grothe was backpedaling as he threw the ball.

6) Plancher looked open, but the LB who ended up catching the ball was watching Grothe the whole time.

7) Grothe didn't have time to look around and threw it to Plancher, but the LB made a decent catch (bobbled a bit before catching it).

It's not 100% Grothe's fault here... but a sack is still better than an INT.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

I always set my DVR for at least an hour extra. I don't know why they think that CFB games are only going to be 3 hours.

Yeah, I'm going to have to go up from an hour to an hour and a half.  Trying to talk my wife through adjusting the settings to change the end time with one hand over my one ear and the cell phone in the other from the stands was not the added stress I needed at that time.  I would have been fine as it turned out, but I didn't want to take any chances.  One and a half hours it is from now on!

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

By the way, did anyone else get cut to the Texas/UTEP game for 2 minutes in overtime?? I was freaking out and then they switched back to our game just in time.

I almost shat myself when that happened. 

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, let's get rid of the kid who amassed 400 yards of offense and 3 TDs last night...

b4c3752d76c3dfc14943881a7d670249.gif

:ROFLMAO

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

You obviously hate Grothe and it is quite obvious it has nothing to do with football.

Sure in a couple years you will be hating BJ for another QB.

::)

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

You obviously hate Grothe and it is quite obvious it has nothing to do with football.

Sure in a couple years you will be hating BJ for another QB.

Go BULLS !!!

I don't hate people.  The only thing I do hate is the term "Tamplona".

Yes, let's get rid of the kid who amassed 400 yards of offense and 3 TDs last night...

Yeah you're right.  Let's just give him the Heisman right now 'cuz he gained almost 400 yards and barely threw for more TD's than int's versus a garbage barely 1A CUSA team.  Please...

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah you're right.  Let's just give him the Heisman right now 'cuz he gained almost 400 yards and barely threw for more TD's than int's versus a garbage barely 1A CUSA team.  Please...

Who said give him the Heisman?  Not me... those are your words.  Bottom line is, he had a great game and you want to trash-heap him.

Who said give him the Heisman?  Not me... those are your words.  Bottom line is, he had a great game and you want to trash-heap him.

Who said I wanted to "trash heap him?  Those are your words.  Heck I never even said replace him this season. 

But oh yeah he had a "great" game.  (Those ARE your words by the way)  This one'll definetly go down in the annals of college football history against such a powerhouse team.    ::)

• Content Count:  210
  • Days Won:  0

Where are you even going with this argument? Bottom line is Grothe has played good mistake free football so far this season. He is extremely valuable to this team and without him we wouldn't be in the position we are in today as a program.

Archived