• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Tribune

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

I just looked at the Tribune for the first time today...was hoping there'd be a picture or blurb about USF on the front page  and found this:

GATORS, BULLS ROLL TO WINS

UF Score

USF Score

"...Gators offensive total...Bulls offensive total..."

Anyone else kinda put off by this layout given that the Tribune is now the "Official" Paper of USF and their parent company was actually the sponsor of last nights game??

Didn't look at the college section yet...I assume that it's good as their coverage so far has been adequate but that really caught my attention

*apologies if someone else already pointed this out*

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

It makes me sick to think we are still playing second fiddle to the cesspool in Gainesville!

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I didnt get a chance to see the Tribune, but if we are playing second string to the Gators in the "offical" paper of USF, then thats complete B*llshit. I have a major problem with that.

• Content Count:  10,219

keep winning, selling out games and this will be fixed.

we should be "ahead" if even by a hair in our sponsor paper.

we will get there!

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We took up most of the front page of the College Football section in Sunday's paper, so I cannot see why there is an issue here.

• Content Count:  12,293

We took up most of the front page of the College Football section in Sunday's paper, so I cannot see why there is an issue here.

exactly.

jersey bull reads the one little 2 inch box on the front page of the paper and makes a post before she actually takes the other 5 seconds to flip to the sports section?

USF has the HUGE headline and HUGE picture of Theo Wilson on his 67-yard punt return, infact there are 3 full color pictures of USF on the front page of the sports section with the smallest one of the 3 still being bigger than the only gators picture.

i think you guys need to be more informed before making comments like that.

kudos to the Trib sports section.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

gators deserve top billing

bulls need to win something

• Content Count:  12,293

thanks for the insight smazza.  but like i said..the gators arent getting top billing.

USF IS!  and thats how it should be.  sponorship or not.  USF is such a huge part of this community from providing jobs, educations, entertainment, exposure, etc.

granted, i understand that UF has a HUGE following in Tampa much like they do in every city across the state (gators have the biggest NON-alumni following in the state) so the gators are never going to go away and will still be the 2nd most covered team in Tampa and thats fine. 

but USF is finally starting to get some attention and it is showing in the local coverage.  I didn't have a chance to check out the Times on Sunday but does anyone know how their front page of the sports section looked?  Hopefully they showed an equal amount of attention on the Bulls and less front page coverage of the gators.

• Content Count:  2,461

It'lll come.

That being said, I don't mind being ONE of the only TWO state schools mentioned.

There are quite a few teams in the state. This just reinforces our claim of being #2 in the state.

Though I cringe when I say that... I'd much rather be #1. Our time will come.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

exactly.

jersey bull reads the one little 2 inch box on the front page of the paper and makes a post before she actually takes the other 5 seconds to flip to the sports section?

USF has the HUGE headline and HUGE picture of Theo Wilson on his 67-yard punt return, infact there are 3 full color pictures of USF on the front page of the sports section with the smallest one of the 3 still being bigger than the only gators picture.

i think you guys need to be more informed before making comments like that.

kudos to the Trib sports section.

OR you could read my entire post and see where I said the Trib has been giving us good coverage and I expected the rest of the coverage in yesterday's paper to be good

I also admitted when I posted that I had yet to look at the rest of the paper but that the way that particular part was laid out had caught my attention

I didn't have the whole paper in my possession, only the front page and I wasn't  slamming the tribune's coverage....just noted that blurb on the front page and was wondering if anyone else had noticed that.

Archived