• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-TCU Game Re-Aired in Tampa TONIGHT

Guest John Gerdes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Anybody else think we looked a bit rag tag/street ball with a lot of the jerseys not tucked in?  I never noticed that before with a Bulls team.

I've thought this for a while now, it's nitpicky but we really do look sloppy. I wonder if there is some relationsip between the sloppy dress and the sloppy (penalty ridden) play. If there was an overall attempt to make everyone pay attention to detail it might help. It's also interesting that after nearly every game someone on the opponents boards always seems to comment on this as well.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else think we looked a bit rag tag/street ball with a lot of the jerseys not tucked in?  I never noticed that before with a Bulls team.

How do the guys look when they come out for the game?  Are the jerseys tucked in or are they untucked?  If they are tucked in then that means they are getting PULLED out during the play of the game and that happens by the other team grabbing our jerseys.  

Just a thought.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Now that we're discussing the jerseys, I am paying attention to it in the Miami-Marshall game tonight.  I see no untucked jerseys on the field for either team.  I don't think these teams are any different than USF in that jerseys don't get pulled out during play.  I think that some coaches just insist on players immediately tucking them back in.  I feel this kind of detail orientation is good for overall focus, attention and discipline.

I've also compared other teams and how they wear their jerseys. They ususally are tucked in and if they are untucked the jerseys are cut to about an inch below the waist so you cant really tell. Ours are not only untucked but look like the players are wearing dresses.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Are we really discussing how NEAT we look??    :o

I am wondering if there isn't truth to the correlation between untucked shirts and penalties.   CRM, in an effort to make his team play with more discipline, was a stickler for keep the shirts tucked when they were on the court (remember the newspaper article on that one?).

Something like that could be a subtle reminder to the players to be more disciplined.  CJL says he's not sure what to try... maybe someone ought to call his radio show tonight and suggest this.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Who cares! If they win, I don't care if they all come out looking like gangbangers! Don't be scared to have swagger fans! The jersey hanging out shows our guys are in deep battle.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I'm with the Sheriff on this. Who wants a bunch of anal retentive players ...............??   8)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Yes, jerseys tucked wont necessarily reduce penalties.

Leavitt HAS to find a way to reduce those though.

Who cares! If they win, I don't care if they all come out looking like gangbangers! Don't be scared to have swagger fans! The jersey hanging out shows our guys are in deep battle.

I know it seems really nitpicky BUT there are two issues here.

1)we want to be taken seriously so we should look like a serious team

2)this could be debatable but I do think that part of nipping this **** penalty problem aka sloppiness could be partially helped by insisting on discipline and attention to detail in all facets and that includes the way we look. It's already been noted that no amount of coaching or disciplinary action has helped and the coaches sound completely stumped when the subject comes up. Well, instill an overal sence of discipline and maybe just maybe you'll see things get better......it might not but hey it couldn't hurt and at least we would look more like a big time football program in the process.

I suppose to some it gives the appearance of being in the heat of battle but to me it just looks like amatures grabbing whatever clothes are available to play with friends in a school yard. I will of course agree that it certainly isn't as important as just winning though!