• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow, did I read that right?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

The FL school with the awesome-est facilities, including the only indoor practice field in Florida and a brand new bouncy, water fountainless on-campus stadium, is selling tickets two weeks before their game against their envied neighbor school that they hate and desire to beat more than breathing air.  Gosh, I thought surely they would have a waiting list for that game.  I guess not.  :D :satan

Normal

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's all a ploy.  UCF is selling phony tickets.  It's a scam.  Not even the tickets we bought through USF are real.

It's obvious that we've been duped.  We all know UCF has 5 times as many season ticket holders as they have seats available.  A quarter of their season ticket holders sit in their basket arena and another quarter sit in the practice field set up with seats and projectors.

You might as well try and sell the phony tickets you have now, and not get burned...

• Content Count:  7,890

yeah and they wouldnt give USF more tickets to sell. BS if you aske me but then what do you expect from UCF

• Content Count:  339

it will sell out as soon as USF has access to all the single game tickets.  They just turned off a lot of people by only offering season tickets to come see ONE game.  Hopefully not too many of those people have made other plans to watch the game.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

$65 for a single game USF ticket.

$100 for a season ticket.

if they have 7 home games, thats 100 - 65 = 35 / 6 = 5.8.

That means, ticketwise, we are 65% important, every other team is 5.8% important. Nice to see they depend on us.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

So this season we have two opponents who are requiring their fans to buy a season ticket package in order to get a ticket to our game.

WE RULE!!!!!  ;D

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

let's be fair here-- we did the same thing forcing people to buy a 6 pack of basketball tickets in order to get the tickets for the game against UF a few years back. No--- not a whole season ticket but pretty similar concept.

Our basketball fans also don't go around acting like our team is God's gift to basketball either. I think that's where the criticism becomes warranted.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

let's be fair here-- we did the same thing forcing people to buy a 6 pack of basketball tickets in order to get the tickets for the game against UF a few years back. No--- not a whole season ticket but pretty similar concept.

Our basketball fans also don't go around acting like our team is God's gift to basketball either. I think that's where the criticism becomes warranted.

There are a lot of teams in sports who institute a similar kind of practice when a "marquee" game is on the schedule. It can help to keep the "other fans" out and sells tickets to the other games that more than likely wouldn't have been sold.

And to agree with 84, our fans also never claimed to be able to fill the opposing team's stadium with our own fans. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

+1

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I know it a common practice.

But still.

Archived