• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Student Season Tix IN STUDENT SECTION

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

I honestly don't understand why they don't SELL the lower 100 section as assigned student seats and charge for them? I would be MORE than willing to shell out some dollars to have a guaranteed assigned seat down there.

because then you have to pay some people to enforce it and it just creates a bigger problem that other students are mad at the kids who paid for tickets...its a fight waiting to happen.

bottom line is...if you go to USF games to tailgate and drink beer then you shoulnt have a seat waiting for you as a student.

i cant get too mad about it since i didnt get into the FAU game until the 2nd qtr but once i got there...i was sold.

i think our students need to tailgate less and cheer more.  if you come to drink..well you dont care if you are in the 3rd level

i come tailgate and STILL get to the games early. If you pay for the seat you can come when u want... no1 is gunna pay for a seat if they dont plan on coming. those that tailgate into the game probly don't care where they sit. That 100 section would have a bunch of crazy fans that pay for their seats and will be into the game.

during the west virginia game i was in the 100 section and i had some clown behind me sitting down and moping all game.

I had some drunk shirtless jackass standing beside me... Me and my brother waited well over 4 hours in the entry gate to stand in the front row, and he showed up half an hour before the game, and stood in the stairwell. He annoyed the living crap out of me. Last time I'll stand in the front row, that's for sure

Anyway, I'm all for a small charge ($15-20 bucks) for a guaranteed 100-level seat. It's a pretty widespread thing, for students to pay for tickets.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I honestly don't understand why they don't SELL the lower 100 section as assigned student seats and charge for them? I would be MORE than willing to shell out some dollars to have a guaranteed assigned seat down there.

because then you have to pay some people to enforce it and it just creates a bigger problem that other students are mad at the kids who paid for tickets...its a fight waiting to happen.

bottom line is...if you go to USF games to tailgate and drink beer then you shoulnt have a seat waiting for you as a student.

i cant get too mad about it since i didnt get into the FAU game until the 2nd qtr but once i got there...i was sold.

i think our students need to tailgate less and cheer more.  if you come to drink..well you dont care if you are in the 3rd level

I totally agree!  As a student you can't possibly get drunk enough and make it to the game on time to get a good seat.

I'm glad that now that I have season tickets, not in the student section, I can virtually get hammered right up till kickoff.  I'll laugh at the students rushing to get in the stadium early while I sit my drunk ass on my chair easily able to pound another 5-6 beers before I head into the game.

This is really why the South End zone is so much more pimp.  The drunker you are the louder you are (right until a point where you are no longer alive).  The students will never be able to assemble the loudest drunkest fans into the front of the stadium.  Fundamental flaw.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

I totally agree!  As a student you can't possibly get drunk enough and make it to the game on time to get a good seat.

I'm glad that now that I have season tickets, not in the student section, I can virtually get hammered right up till kickoff.  I'll laugh at the students rushing to get in the stadium early while I sit my drunk ass on my chair easily able to pound another 5-6 beers before I head into the game.

This is really why the South End zone is so much more pimp.  The drunker you are the louder you are (right until a point where you are no longer alive).  The students will never be able to assemble the loudest drunkest fans into the front of the stadium.  Fundamental flaw.

Hell Yes!!!

• Content Count:  996

haha, I am caddy corner to the south endzone.  I will be there in spirits and in competition with the punks to the North!  :)  I am in 114.  Slowly making our way to the 50 yard line...lol.  I will be wearing my Gurly jersey tomorrow...so COME SAY HI!

Gurly

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i come tailgate and STILL get to the games early. If you pay for the seat you can come when u want... no1 is gunna pay for a seat if they dont plan on coming. those that tailgate into the game probly don't care where they sit

good point.  but at the same time...i think the student section needs to be first come first serve. 

you should have to pay the price as a student to get the good seats.

and thats why i have such a problem with the "beef studs" is cause for years they have been holding seats and made other students think that they couldnt sit there unless they were in the beef studs.

so that is what led me to believe that reserving "student" tickets is a bad idea.

I kinda had a bit of a "beef" with the 'studs' back when we were in student section. my group sat in the same section every week and had for years but every game they'd still try to beat us to that section - Not a huge deal but one game 2 kids were trying to save the ENTIRE front row of 'our' -i use the term loosely- section (I'm pretty sure it was two studs). I helped explain to them that when we had all 10-15 of our people there and they had 2 people they couldn't save an entire row for people who were still tailgating. Love that they support the team but just because you paint yourself doesn't make you any bigger of a fan than someone else. - maybe this is me being an irrational woman but when it's GA seating and when you start going to the games and the same group is in the same section every game you're at why are you going to start trying to beat them to those seats every game

my nicer side: Some of them sat behind us at the Auburn game and those guys were cool...and they didn't drop me when they helped put me up for push ups so they got bonus points for that.

yeah, that sucks.

but its not just the Studs and other clubs.

i sat in the SAME SEATS every game last year in the first row of the 200 sections...

then i get to the WVU game and these two little girls that barely looked old enough to be H.S. freshmen nevermind students at USF are sitting at two ends of a row of literally a dozen seats, and tell me they're "saving" those seats for others.

one of them actually pushed me to keep me from sitting down in one of their "saved" seats.

i can understand how the habit of saving entire rows can be a source of beef [no pun intended] and hostility between students, because if those had been male students that pushed me out of a seat it would have been a disaster of epic proportions.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Totally agree with you on this one.  It is a fundamental flaw with the system, but maybe its for the better.  Let the Southie professionals drink and let the students wait until the game is over.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

i come tailgate and STILL get to the games early. If you pay for the seat you can come when u want... no1 is gunna pay for a seat if they dont plan on coming. those that tailgate into the game probly don't care where they sit

good point.  but at the same time...i think the student section needs to be first come first serve. 

you should have to pay the price as a student to get the good seats.

and thats why i have such a problem with the "beef studs" is cause for years they have been holding seats and made other students think that they couldnt sit there unless they were in the beef studs.

so that is what led me to believe that reserving "student" tickets is a bad idea.

I kinda had a bit of a "beef" with the 'studs' back when we were in student section. my group sat in the same section every week and had for years but every game they'd still try to beat us to that section - Not a huge deal but one game 2 kids were trying to save the ENTIRE front row of 'our' -i use the term loosely- section (I'm pretty sure it was two studs). I helped explain to them that when we had all 10-15 of our people there and they had 2 people they couldn't save an entire row for people who were still tailgating. Love that they support the team but just because you paint yourself doesn't make you any bigger of a fan than someone else. - maybe this is me being an irrational woman but when it's GA seating and when you start going to the games and the same group is in the same section every game you're at why are you going to start trying to beat them to those seats every game

my nicer side: Some of them sat behind us at the Auburn game and those guys were cool...and they didn't drop me when they helped put me up for push ups so they got bonus points for that.

yeah, that sucks.

but its not just the Studs and other clubs.

i sat in the SAME SEATS every game last year in the first row of the 200 sections...

then i get to the WVU game and these two little girls that barely looked old enough to be H.S. freshmen nevermind students at USF are sitting at two ends of a row of literally a dozen seats, and tell me they're "saving" those seats for others.

one of them actually pushed me to keep me from sitting down in one of their "saved" seats.

i can understand how the habit of saving entire rows can be a source of beef [no pun intended] and hostility between students, because if those had been male students that pushed me out of a seat it would have been a disaster of epic proportions.

Yeah saving any more than say 2 seats is ridiculous.  This isn't a high school cafeteria its a football game.  Had some girl pushing me and cussing me out before the wvu game last year because she was trying to save 1/2 a row and i wasn't having it (which 5 of the people didn't show till almost the end of the 1st qtr).  Most of the regular students (non sbc studs etc) saving the seats are the ones there for a social experience rather than a football game.  Glad im a southie this year so i don't have to worry about that. 

Archived