• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quavon Taylor-MIA???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

If he can't practice, I'd rather not have him at practice and instead in the study hall getting a jump on his classes so he's definitely eligible next season when we need him.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,894

Dang we have some harsh people on this board. You can see how quickly people can turn their opinion on someone. He missed a practice. He is a redshirt who wasn't practicing anyway. CJL said he is still trying to figure things out and has had to go home for family reasons. Lets give the kid a break before we catagorize him. Geez...

• Content Count:  1,624

Guys, Miami has 7 people suspended for their opening game. Some of them for DUI. We have a kid suspended for one week because he missed a practice and he shouldnt play this year anyway. If he was suspended for a fight, drinking or doing bad in school then I could see you getting mad

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Guys, Miami has 7 people suspended for their opening game. Some of them for DUI. We have a kid suspended for one week because he missed a practice and he shouldnt play this year anyway. If he was suspended for a fight, drinking or doing bad in school then I could see you getting mad

Just proves that USF holds it's football players to higher standards. Jim did the right thing, hope Taylor takes the suspension to heart so he doesn't do it again, then he can focus on being a scholar in the class and a beast on the field.

• Content Count:  4,016

If he can't practice, I'd rather not have him at practice and instead in the study hall getting a jump on his classes so he's definitely eligible next season when we need him.

Studying what?  Leavitt wants him out at practice studying the LB's jobs.  We lose two big LB's next year and Quavon is suppose to be a guy that could make a push, but having him out there with the team is just as important.

• Content Count:  573

I heard that he thought he was still a Miami-NW Bull after being hit on the head.  Apparently he showed up at THEIR practice on Monday instead. 

Seriuosly though,  he's a good bit undersized for LB.  I see him more as an enforcer at strong safety or nickel back against certain formations.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i'm not going to speculate about why the kid didn't show up to practice.  that's his business and it's between him and the coaching staff.

what i will say is that Q. Taylor is the one recruit i've been most excited about.  the kid has linebacker hitting ability with safety speed... he has the potential to give offenses fits no matter what position he ends up in.

i hope everything works out for him and we see him on the field as a Bull one day in the not too distant future... i'm sure he would love to see some of his former Miami-NW teammates next year when they come to RayJay as Hurricanes.

Studying what?  Leavitt wants him out at practice studying the LB's jobs.  We lose two big LB's next year and Quavon is suppose to be a guy that could make a push, but having him out there with the team is just as important.

Studying what?  For the classes that will get him eligible for NEXT SEASON when he'll ACTUALLY BE NEEDED TO PLAY!  He'll have PLENTY of time to pick up wherever they want him to play, he's got talent and football isn't rocket science.  Staying academically focused on the other hand is another story, especially for guys being redshirted bc it's a tough spot to be in when they are used to being a star.  He'll have plenty of practices to "get in there", but it won't matter if he's a practice stud if he doesn't make grades this year.

• Content Count:  4,016

Studying what?  For the classes that will get him eligible for NEXT SEASON when he'll ACTUALLY BE NEEDED TO PLAY!  He'll have PLENTY of time to pick up wherever they want him to play, he's got talent and football isn't rocket science.  Staying academically focused on the other hand is another story, especially for guys being redshirted bc it's a tough spot to be in when they are used to being a star.  He'll have plenty of practices to "get in there", but it won't matter if he's a practice stud if he doesn't make grades this year.

Simmer down champ.  Classes for him just started yesterday.  You want him to sit around with a book in his hand and ignore the team he plays for...?  What is he study?  Is he suppose to read the book top to bottom before he's even sat in on the first class?  Did you really do that yourself in school?

Besides, who says he won't make the grades?  Are you being stereotypical?  Quavon actually did quite well in HS so perhaps he could not be forced to stick his head in the books BEFORE his first day of class for goodness sakes.  We lose a precious few to grades so stop fretting, the bigger concern of him being around isn't grades right now, but rather whether he even wants to be here.  Let's worry about that first, and then wait until he goes to his first class, and meets his tutors first, before jumping to conclusions about the grades.

Yes I did.  I was in the honors program and it was required in many of those classes to have a book or two READ and/or work ready for the first day of class every year and I always read the first few chapters for every class to see which one was going to be the most difficult so i could determine how much time I could devote to my fraternity and volunteer time at Shriners.  Considering we played every IM sport along with social events and ritual events, I can understand a football players' schedule bc I lived alongside them for two years in Fontana.

If a guy doesn't know the team has practice on MONDAY of a GAME WEEK, how can you be so confident he can successfully manage a class schedule let alone make the grades?  Unless he was an honors student in HS, yeah, I worry about all of them bc we don't have the depth to lose ANY of them. 

It doesn't matter how well a guy can play in a system if he's not eligible...

Archived