• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kirk Herbstreit on SportsCenter: "Without a doubt, this team wins the Big East."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

I think Herbie is the best in the business, and that was before this came out.  He's very unbiased in my opinion.

As far as why he didn't play pro ball.  He didn't have the tools.  Good college QB doesn't always translate to the NFL.  Just ask Joe Hamilton from Georgia Tech or Tommie Frazier of Nebraska.   

didnt tommy frazier not go pro because of blood clots in his legs?  or lsomething with his veins?  i remember there being more to it than just him not having the goods.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

i don't think i'd go so far in congratulating Herbgeek on his objectivity.

ESPN has a major vested interest in USF, being that ESPN broadcasts **** near half a dozen USF games on its various channels [ABC is also a sister station of ESPN].

ESPN hyping us up is less intended to stroke the [often fragile] egos of Bulls nation, and more a means to generate excitement and viewership for the USF games broadcast by their station.

Perhaps, but you have to think... ESPN (at least ESPN+) has been a sponser of the Bulls for a long time, and we haven't always gotten this love.

• Content Count:  118

I don't know about you guys, but i'd much rather have these talking heads doubting us.

i don't think i'd go so far in congratulating Herbgeek on his objectivity.

ESPN has a major vested interest in USF, being that ESPN broadcasts **** near half a dozen USF games on its various channels [ABC is also a sister station of ESPN].

ESPN hyping us up is less intended to stroke the [often fragile] egos of Bulls nation, and more a means to generate excitement and viewership for the USF games broadcast by their station.

Perhaps, but you have to think... ESPN (at least ESPN+) has been a sponser of the Bulls for a long time, and we haven't always gotten this love.

ESPN+ wasn't a "sponsor" .... USF contracted with them to handle the sale of media rights and advertising...

See the history of our current partner: ISP --    http://www.ispsports.com/about-us-history.cfm

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I like his confidence.  I wish mine was as high as his to say "without a doubt"

I agree 100%

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think Herbie is the best in the business, and that was before this came out.  He's very unbiased in my opinion.

As far as why he didn't play pro ball.  He didn't have the tools.  Good college QB doesn't always translate to the NFL.  Just ask Joe Hamilton from Georgia Tech or Tommie Frazier of Nebraska.   

didnt tommy frazier not go pro because of blood clots in his legs?  or lsomething with his veins?  i remember there being more to it than just him not having the goods.

Yeah he was having really bad issues with blood clots.  Pretty much ended his career. 

• Content Count:  2,461

ESPN+ wasn't a "sponsor" .... USF contracted with them to handle the sale of media rights and advertising...

See the history of our current partner: ISP --    http://www.ispsports.com/about-us-history.cfm

I don't see much there to back that up...

Are you sure about that?

• Content Count:  3,403

That's great, but as someone already pointed out on Brett's blog:

Posted by  Jim Johnson, Tampa, FL on 08/20  at  11:13 PM

"ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit said not only does he think the University of South Florida will win the Big East, he believes the Bulls should be “favored†to win the league.

“First of all, in my mind anyway, South Florida should be favored to win the Big East,†Herbstreit said Wednesday. “I think they will win the Big East.†“

Well, Kirk, why did you rank USF #23 and WVU #18 ?

Check it out:  http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/espns-herbstreit-usf-should-be-favored-to-win-big-east/

• Content Count:  39

Tommie Frazier was healthy as his career at Nebraska ended the clots were done and he was cleared to play, he just didn't have pro tools. Not only is he from our backyard (Bradenton) but also coached against us. He was the Baylor running backs coach in our game at Waco.

Archived