• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kirk Herbstreit on SportsCenter: "Without a doubt, this team wins the Big East."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

... and he was talking about USF!!

18 starters back... rose up then lost to Rutgers and fell apart. This is the year they get there and stay there and show that they belong.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Saw that.  I like his confidence.  I wish mine was as high as his to say "without a doubt"

Kirk is the man though.

Guest BasketBull.

Say, regarding Kirk, why didn't he play pro ball? I read his bio on Wikipedia but it didn't say why. Apparently, he was pretty good at Ohio State. (I was just curious as to why he gets so much credibility in the college ranks.)

• Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

What is funny is how badly he spoke about USF last year b/c he knew nothing about the team. We made so much noise though that he was forced to watch USF football and now he is a bulliever.

Not bad to have talking heads like May and Homer Herby on our side.

~U~ GO BULLS!! ~U~

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I hold his opinion in much higher regard that Holtz's. There is a target on our back. We will not sneak up on anyone, so we will ahve to bring our A game each and every week. We haven't ever done that.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I think Herbie is the best in the business, and that was before this came out.  He's very unbiased in my opinion.

As far as why he didn't play pro ball.  He didn't have the tools.  Good college QB doesn't always translate to the NFL.  Just ask Joe Hamilton from Georgia Tech or Tommie Frazier of Nebraska.   

• Content Count:  10,201

I hold his opinion in much higher regard that Holtz's. There is a target on our back. We will not sneak up on anyone, so we will ahve to bring our A game each and every week. We haven't ever done that.

This team can be as good as they want to be if they focus hard on winning the Big East this year.

• Content Count:  5,249

i don't think i'd go so far in congratulating Herbgeek on his objectivity.

ESPN has a major vested interest in USF, being that ESPN broadcasts **** near half a dozen USF games on its various channels [ABC is also a sister station of ESPN].

ESPN hyping us up is less intended to stroke the [often fragile] egos of Bulls nation, and more a means to generate excitement and viewership for the USF games broadcast by their station.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

herbstreit could do the rest of his tv apperances wearing a USF jersey and i would still think he is an idiot.

• Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

What is funny is how badly he spoke about USF last year b/c he knew nothing about the team. We made so much noise though that he was forced to watch USF football and now he is a bulliever.

Not bad to have talking heads like May and Homer Herby on our side.

~U~ GO BULLS!! ~U~

He covered a few of our games back in the day when he wasn't a star at ESPN yet.

Archived