• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BJ upton benched again for not hustling

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

Let's see, the opinion of a grizzled vet or the wild ravings of a "fan" .... I think I'm going with Floyd's outlook on this:

“I just want everybody to know, he has a heart, man. He really wants to get it done, but we really haven’t put our finger on what it is that he’s doing. I mean, we haven’t put our finger on why he’s doing what he does. Great bunch of talent, but he’s going to get it right. Trust me, he will get it right before I leave here, and you’re going to see a different B.J.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/floyd-vows-to-get-upton-in-gear/

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Let's see, the opinion of a grizzled vet or the wild ravings of a "fan" .... I think I'm going with Floyd's outlook on this:

“I just want everybody to know, he has a heart, man. He really wants to get it done, but we really haven’t put our finger on what it is that he’s doing. I mean, we haven’t put our finger on why he’s doing what he does. Great bunch of talent, but he’s going to get it right. Trust me, he will get it right before I leave here, and you’re going to see a different B.J.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/floyd-vows-to-get-upton-in-gear/

Ok, there is something a bit silly by this link...you've just linked to Floyd admitting to fans that BJ is 'not doing things right'....and that he can't 'put a finger on why he's doing what he does.'  Floyd is admitting there are some problems with BJ, but putting it on himself and a few others to fix them.

I have regressed that BJ would be good to keep around, but this is a player admitting that there is some type of problem with BJ.

• Content Count:  873

What do you expect floyd to say?  He's not going to say "Yeah I'm tired of BJ not hustling and I wish we'd get rid of him."  Teammates aren't gonna say something like that.

What do you expect floyd to say?  He's not going to say "Yeah I'm tired of BJ not hustling and I wish we'd get rid of him."  Teammates aren't gonna say something like that.

yeah but floyd isn't necessarily defending him and more so admits there is a problem and we need to figure it out quickly.  That is not a good sign for all the BJ Upton defenders.  Hard really to defend a kid that refuses to negotiate long-term with the Rays, has mentioned before that he'd prefer to move on, and has 3-4 really boneheaded situations this year and a past history of being a malcontent.

Perhaps he's worth keeping around for the short-term (extra year or 2), but this is not the NFL, the way baseball works eventually the team has to recognize his diminishing return potential and ship him off.

Ok, there is something a bit silly by this link...you've just linked to Floyd admitting to fans that BJ is 'not doing things right'....and that he can't 'put a finger on why he's doing what he does.'  Floyd is admitting there are some problems with BJ, but putting it on himself and a few others to fix them.

I have regressed that BJ would be good to keep around, but this is a player admitting that there is some type of problem with BJ.

Not sure what your point is. Like we didn't know there was some kind of a problem with him already? Like we thought the players were blind or stupid and didn't see there was a problem? What's important about what Floyd said, to me anyway, is that HE believes that BJ genuinely cares about all this stuff which means there's still hope... He also called him a great teammate.

And singabull, from what I understand, Cliff went to the media about this. They didn't come to him .... and even if he didn't, he didn't have to say all that the way he did. Did you see the comments about Manny by Red Sox players before he left?

BS Triple...what Floyd says doesn't make a lick of sense which is why it's clearly just pumped up players speak for the media.

He loves the game, but we DON'T KNOW WHY HE'S DOING WHAT HE DOES....so if they don't know why he's doing this stupid stuff then how do they know he loves the game?  How do we know that Floyd will get it right, when maybe he's 'doing what he does' because he wants to because he wants out.

Regardless it is what it is for this season, but it's becoming impossible to defend BJ.  Maybe he's not blasting his mouth or throwing bats like Delmon but to many pull-ups or slow downs and he could see himself on the bench for an extended period.

BS Triple...what Floyd says doesn't make a lick of sense which is why it's clearly just pumped up players speak for the media.

Sorry, didn't realize you are with the team 24/7 and know what's going more than the players do. What Floyd said maked perfect sense if you're open minded ..

He loves the game, but we DON'T KNOW WHY HE'S DOING WHAT HE DOES....so if they don't know why he's doing this stupid stuff then how do they know he loves the game?

Because they're exposed to him a helluvalot more than we are ....

How do we know that Floyd will get it right, when maybe he's 'doing what he does' because he wants to because he wants out.

We don't if Floyd will get it right..... but to say he's pulling a Manny means you're not watching the games

Maybe he's not blasting his mouth or throwing bats like Delmon but to many pull-ups or slow downs and he could see himself on the bench for an extended period.

If he keeps it up, you're exactly right...

Archived