• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why USF Won't Be Better Than WVU This Year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

USF didnt beat WVU last year, like a few of the above mis-stated.

WVU only beats WVU by putting the ball on the ground with careless turnovers.  Bad snap over Whites head, lost a score.  White throwing the ball into Moffets chest from 5 yards away when he got hit, a fluke and 7 points for USF... Had the ball been anywhere else, Moffet would have lacked the athletisicm needed to make the pick.

WVU has injury to White, Grothe miraculously avoid falling down after being hit/near sacked and throws up a duck bomb for a TD.

That game last year was a classic of lopsided badluck and everything going in USF's favor.... with everything AGAINST WVU. 

That stated, luck is against USF this year.  Odds of beating WVU 3 in a row?  Odds of having all that luck of the ball bouncing the Bulls way yet again?  Highly Doubtful.  Prepare for a schalacking in Morgantown, beeeeeeyatches!

STATECHAMP is back... 2 weeks BABY!

Heeeeeees Baaaaaccccck :'(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Should I post an article on the B/R stating "Why WVU will lose to USF for the 3rd staight time"?

Just because Soft White had success passing when he caught OU off gaurd in the bowl game doesn't prove that he can do it to teams that are expecting it.

usf tied for 3rd in beig east last year

wv won bcs game

usf matches up well against wv no doubt

it is the other big east teams save cuse that scare me

noel devine will put up some great numbers

he will rush for more yards than any usf back

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

noel devine will put up some great numbers

he will rush for more yards than any usf back

So what?  There's no decent backup at RB at WVU.  We'll see which team gets more combined yards from the RB position. They'll need all they can get from him, too, since they lost a lot of key guys on both sides.

• Content Count:  151

WVUstatechamp,

I agree luck plays an important part of football, but you can't seriously sit there and say that USF got lucky every play they ran on offense and defense in that game can you?  Defense wins games, sometimes they show up, sometimes they don't.  Usually the team with the highest amount of points at the end of the game wins, not who had the most luck or worst luck during the game.  That don't count for ****. 

If USF had beat you once at home and once at RJ, with all of that ESPN hyped superpower of Slaton, White, etc.  and the coach that invented the superspread offense,  I can see that the common denominator would be defense.

USF has one, you don't.

I'm sure the Bulls will feed Selvie some Patrick White this year with a side of Devine.

War Eagle

Thank you AUFan

Obvioulsy the clown from WV is biased for them just like the Bulls fans are biased for the Bulls.  I'm glad to see an impartial response from not only another team fan, but another team fan that is from another conference.  You have no reason to be biased in your opinion as to which team you think is better.  Especially due to the fact that USF beat AU last year. 

The problem with the guy from WV is that he is basing his comments for the upcoming year on what he wants and thinks will happen with out taking into account the facts.  WV lost several key players on offense and expect one person (Devine) to pick up and do as much or more than it took as least two others to do.  Ain't going to happen.  Especially with the major offensive changes that are said to be happening (White passing more).  And he didn't even mention the fact that WV lost about 8 of their starters on defense.  So I'm suppose to believe that with 8 new defensive starters that the WV defense is not going to skip a beat.  NOT!  We only lost about 9 players total from last year and I believe only 5 were starters, 2 on offense and 3 on defense.  And having a major coaching change will have absolutely no effect on the team this year.  Yeah Right!  WV only won the bowl game under the new coach because he had to go with what had already been established.  There was no way he had time to make any changes of his own.  But apparently he has made some significant changes for the upcoming year.  But this won't make any difference, will it?  Think again.

I will agree that we need to make some changes for improvement.  Yes Grothe needs to do better decision making in the passing game.  Hopefully with the complement of running backs this year, they will be utilized more so Grothe doesn't have to run as much.  But if my team was in a crisis play, I'd want Grothe instead of White.  Is it me, or is it coincidence that White only seems to get hurt when he's behind playing USF?  Or is it that the USF defense has the ability to put pressure on White that no other team seems to be able to do, and White doesn't know how to handle it.  Someone refresh my memory.  I maybe wrong but didn't White also get "hurt" against Pitt? 

WV is a good team, don't get me wrong, but they can't get by on previous reputation.  You have to go out and play the game.  It is not a fluke.  USF has WV's number as shown the last two years.  We will have to see how it all plays out.

But before that happens, WV has to get past Auburn.  That will show what WV is made of. 

My comment to that is  WAR EAGLE!!!

And as always, GO BULLS!!!

P.S.  You people at Auburn are my far the best fans I have had the pleasure of associating with in the 8 years I have had season tickets and have been following the Bulls.  Even in defeat, we never heard anything but complements and were treated with only respect and courtesy after the game while leaving your stadium.  Auburn was the best team I hated to see us beat.  My complements to the fine Auburn institution and fans. 

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I took this whole thing as a joke after the line "Both defenses are decent again..."

This USF defense is more than decent

• Content Count:  1,894

i love smazza's posts lol but WVSTATECHAMP, why do you even bother posting?

That is typical talk of a team that has been beaten two years in a row.

You always say injury to white...well we injured him. He didn't hurt himself.

Devine got shut down and he is your guy this year(don't get me wrong he is going to be great but no argument based on last year vs us)

Big time key losses on both sides of the ball.

Bad snaps are part of the game, just like poor tackling which is the reason why grothe is able to escape.(Your not going to keep down a competitor like Matt Grothe) Lol i can listen to that replay all day.

Like I said before I'm more scared of your back-up qb.

• Content Count:  218

White will run all over USF this year, BOOKMARKET!

The above poster talking up the Auburn Bull poster, like he was some 3rd party bias opinion.... BLAH BLAH, That War Hack boy is as Green as a Bull can get when it comes to USF favoritism.

You best get SCURD of white and FAST, this year he is gonna be like a HALOGEN, not soft white and blind your candy azzes!

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

White will run all over USF this year, BOOKMARKET!

The above poster talking up the Auburn Bull poster, like he was some 3rd party bias opinion.... BLAH BLAH, That War Hack boy is as Green as a Bull can get when it comes to USF favoritism.

You best get SCURD of white and FAST, this year he is gonna be like a HALOGEN, not soft white and blind your candy azzes!

Must we listen to the old BS about soft White every year?!

Archived