• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why USF Won't Be Better Than WVU This Year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

WVU with the # 5 defense in the country,  that is just idiotic

I have read down through some of these posts and encountered some intellegent points and some absolute silliness. I silly point I read the AU fan say was that WVU has no defense. An, excuse me, ....nonbody knows yet what kind of defense WVU has....or Auburn has....or USF has.....or USC has....or any other team in the country has, because guess what? The season hasn't kicked off yet. We have not played one single down, period. How does anybody in the world know any single solitary thing about what kind of offense, what kind of defense, what kind of special teams, or even if the brats grilling in the parking lot will be as good or as bad as last year? So nobody can say whether WVU has a defense this year, even though it was in the top 5 in the country last year. Nobody can say that Grothe will not be a better passer just because he was 76th in passing efficiency last year.

The article that was posted at the beginning? Ok, I am a WVU fan, and I would like to think it's correct....but that is because I am a WVU fan. For every one of these articles, there is another one that says that USF winsd the BE, and another one that says that both of our teams suck, and Pitt will win it all. Thease people are just trying to justify their jobs and fill space. They don't know. Just like that loudmouth on CSTV (can't remeber his name), that said that WVU would get killed by OU in the Fiesta. WVU made OU look stupid. Like some high school team that didn't even belong on the field with WVU.

USF fans, welcome to big time football. This what you can expect, so welcome to it. Also you can expect to be treated like the red-headed step child of the NCAA just because you are in the most hated conference in the country. Welcome to all the accolades that goes along with that as well. If you don't hate a dispise every media personality in the country, especially the ESPN clowns who are nothing but Big 10 and SEC homers yet, you will soon. You will find a new reason to hate publications like SI, Sporting News, ESPN the Mag, and others EVERY SINGLE DAY OF YOUR LIFE! You will hate the mention of the SEC, Big 10, Pac 10, ACC, and Big 12, and any combination of those letters or numbers that are found in any other word or statement in the Englishh language or whatever language that you prefer.

Having said all that, how about, as two of college football's red-headed step-children (WVU and USF) we simply, one to the other, say "best of luck, let's not get any players hurt?" I have said all along, both last year, and this year, that USF AND (not or, but AND) WVU are the two best cahnces that the conference has to get TWO teams into the BCS.  THAT is what our goal must be: to get TWO teams into the BCS. That is what is important, because that is waht will bring in what everybody is after and what the whole thing is about: the all-mightty dollar! That is why the ACC raped the BE in the first place! To get two teams into the BCS and get the money that goes with it! TWO teams, guys....not just one! You want facility upgrades? You need money! Money that comes from a conference taht is rich! It gets rich by getting money from bowl games, and getting two teams into the BCS. What is the payout this year? $14 million per bowl? $15 million per bowl? MONEY...MONEY...MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Money makes the world go around and makes our conference go around! Let's get the money and thumb our noses at the rest of the football world!!!!! TWO teams in teh BCS: USF AND WVU!

It may come as a huge surprise to most folks, but WVU was #7 in total defense in the NCAA last year.

And wvufan, I can agree with most of your post. I can appreciate the fact that you came in and were pretty unbiased and made some good points. However, the problem we have with most WVU fans is that through the last two defeats, the one common denominator has been EXCUSES. "Oh Pat White was hurt." Both years? He was nicked up going into the 06 game, but we hurt him more. And he was healthy in '07, and we knocked him out of the game. "Oh, the turnovers in both games were uncharacteristic of the team." Well if your team plays poorly two years in a row against the same team, wouldn't it at that point have something to do with the team they were playing? Pat White leaving hurt in both games, and the WVU offense giving the ball up both games was not just a coincidence. Our defense had a lot more to do with that than most of your fans are willing to admit. We've straight up beat you two years running, but your fanbase for some reason can't seem to grasp that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived