• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOT Pep Band to China!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  296
  • Days Won:  0

HOT has been asked to send a 7 member pep band to China September 26th - October 8th for the International Clown Festival!

NANKING INTERNATIONAL CLOWN FESTIVAL:  Is held in Nanjing, China.  The 2007 festival was attended by 300,000 people.

From the Event Coordinators:  This International Clown Festival is the biggest event invested by the 2 cities' governments after the Olympic Games. The purpose of this event is to celebrate the success of the Olympic Games and to soothe the pain brought by the big earthquake. We don't have too many clowns here in China because it's something in a different culture.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

I've got to ask.  How does an event in China choose USF to be asked to attend?  Not that I don't think we're good, but I'm just curious how that happens?

Do we put our name in, and we're chosen? Or do they simply look around and think what school would best fit in with a clown festival??

• Content Count:  296

Honestly, I don't know. This was the e-mail sent out last night:

It is with GREAT excitement that I announce the USF Athletic Bands have been asked to provide a 7 piece band to travel to Nanjing, China for the International Clown Festival!!!  We were invited due to our reputation of having one of the BEST pep bands in the COUNTRY!  This is a tremendous honor for our young band program!

The most exciting news for you is: ALL EXPENSES WILL BE PAID for by the promoters of the event.  This trip will be ABSOLUTELY FREE for the members who attend.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

That really is great news.  Congratulations to the HOT!

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I've got to ask.  How does an event in China choose USF to be asked to attend?  Not that I don't think we're good, but I'm just curious how that happens?

Do we put our name in, and we're chosen? Or do they simply look around and think what school would best fit in with a clown festival??

USF recently opened up a world class Chinese program of sudies. I remember seeing a video of the opening with Genshaft and Chinese dancers.  ;D 

It's called the Confucius Institute (USF CI).

http://issuu.com/usf_international_affairs/docs/summer2008/1?mode=a_p

• Content Count:  1,911

I thought of UCF when I read clown festival.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Clown Festival??  So does that mean you're going to Tallahassee??

• Content Count:  622

USF recently opened up a world class Chinese program of sudies. I remember seeing a video of the opening with Genshaft and Chinese dancers.  ;D 

It's called the Confucius Institute (USF CI).

http://issuu.com/usf_international_affairs/docs/summer2008/1?mode=a_p

Exactly...We are working with China more and more and they provide funding for us.....USF will also be offering a Chinese studies minor and eventually a major

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Clown festival? Sounds like my worst nightmare.

Another one traumatized by "Poltergeist"?

Archived