• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bucs taking talib over jenkins is looking dumber

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

That's old news ..... as usual from Florio and PFT.

Anyway, the on the field results over time, not some gossip column fodder, will determine if taking Talib over Jenkins was dumb or not.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

I am not one to defend the Bucs at all. Not taking Jenkins was a good move by Tampa Bay. Jenkins does not fit in with the D that they run.

I am not one to defend the Bucs at all. Not taking Jenkins was a good move by Tampa Bay. Jenkins does not fit in with the D that they run.

Now, THIS is definitive proof that the Bucs taking Talib over Jenkins may not have been such a good idea ....

;)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Singabull, I'm suprised you're not hired as a GM for a team in every sport.  You have all of the answers.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Singabull, I'm suprised you're not hired as a GM for a team in every sport.  You have all of the answers.

I thought he was already nominated to be the Rays' mascott

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Anyway, the on the field results over time, not some gossip column fodder, will determine if taking Talib over Jenkins was dumb or not.

It's old news Talib is a knucklehead alright.  I think a few off-field incidents could also have a negative effect on comparing Talib too.  Roger Goodall doesn't take **** from any players, if Talib keeps on this path he'll be sitting like Pacman.

It's old news Talib is a knucklehead alright.  I think a few off-field incidents could also have a negative effect on comparing Talib too.  Roger Goodall doesn't take **** from any players, if Talib keeps on this path he'll be sitting like Pacman.

What "path"? His police blotter up to this point with the Bucs is as follows:

- A fight with another rookie.

- Late for team meetings.

- Missed a flight for rookie field trip.

He is not even a blip on Goodell's radar at this point and if he continues down a path of those same type offenses, he still won't be a blip on Goodell's radar ..... if he screws up enough that the Bucs start keeping him off the field, then the questions can be legitimately started about being the wrong pick or not.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

What "path"? His police blotter up to this point with the Bucs is as follows:

- A fight with another rookie.

- Late for team meetings.

- Missed a flight for rookie field trip.

He is not even a blip on Goodell's radar at this point and if he continues down a path of those same type offenses, he still won't be a blip on Goodell's radar ..... if he screws up enough that the Bucs start keeping him off the field, then the questions can be legitimately started about being the wrong pick or not.

ok tell Pacman that, who 'officially' doesn't have an arrest either.  Mr. Talib has been suspended for positive drug tests at KU (the NFL definitely keeps an eye on guys with these, NFL rules requires them to have more frequent drug tests for instance), and arrested.  He's a blip alright, probably a distant blip but definitely a guy the league will keep an eye on to make sure these college issues don't carry into the NFL.

OH, and I doubt Roger Goodell was real pleased to hear two rookies from the same team got in a fist fight, a very nasty one in fact, during the NFL rookie symposium?  A symposium that Talib showed up to late.  If he wasn't on Roger's radar before then, he certainly plopped himself right down quickly....

BTW, I think from a skill-set athletic standpoint that the bucs picking Talib over Jenkins was a sound one.  I am not all irked by that, besides Talib fits right into the Gruden camp, and he can't hold a candle some of Gruden's more infamous signings like Jeremy Stevens.

Archived