• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nike Plus iPod University Challenge

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

Hey runners, walkers, and joggers, if you haven't joined the Nike Plus U Challenge, you'd better get involved now.  USF has led all summer, but UCiF has pulled within 3o miles of the Bulls!  Get out there and log in those miles and upload them to Nike.  I've been running my a$$ off all summer in this frigging heat and I refuse to lose this challenge at the wire!  It runs until 8/22.  So sync those iPods people!

• Content Count:  996
  • Days Won:  0

I just got mine today!  Can't wait to sync uP!

• Content Count:  742

Where is the info for this?

Jay

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/?l=all_challenges,82800579

Here you go. I have been slacking, and the weather killed my run tonight. I was shocked over the weekend to see it so close though. Let's go Bulls!

• Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  1

I hate Nike.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

do you guys like the Nike+? it always struck me as an overpriced pedometer. It's a good concept, I just can't see it being very accurate. As it is it sucks that you can't track your mileage without having the system...I could've given USF a few more miles on there (I would've also made sure I "forgot" to tell my best friend about it til it was over; FSU alumna who probably averages 25 miles a week or more running)

anyways, your thoughts on the system would be appreciated...considered getting it but just don't see it being worth the money

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I like it, I have done a drive around my loop that I usually run, and it is within 0.1 miles (the loop is just under 3 miles), so it's accurate enough for me, but probably not as good as actually knowing the distances. I will say that mine did go a little crazy on a couple of runs and got to 1 mile before I had even made it 3/4 or so, so now I have a ridiculous mile personal record time.

Overall, I definately like mine. You don't have to buy the shoes, if you do a search, you can find 2-3 ways to rig up any shoes to work with it. Originally, I just cut the flap at the top of the shoe and slid the sensor in below the laces. That worked well, but now I have broken down and got the nike shoes.

I have always had a hard time staying motivated (at least since I graduated), but the challenges and such do help with that a little. Now if I could get out of work early enough to run and have it rain even earlier, life would be good.

• Content Count:  1,254

I refuse to run in anything but ASICS.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Nike running shoes are too narrow for me.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Nike running shoes are too narrow for me.

Yeah, i've worn only adidas for the past 18 years, but I had a recent foot injury and they set me up with a New Balance and its pretty good. had to get a special sole for it though.

Archived