• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN 150 -- Victor Marc

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm sure Lelo would find a spot for him on the Baseball team!   ;)

True.

Also, Leavitt played both baseball and football at Missouri, so maybe that helped convince Marc that he could do the same here.

Other than RJ Anderson, I don't remember another commit who was going to play both sports at USF. Anderson, of course, chose in the end to play professional baseball. Unlike Anderson, I don't know if Marc is expected to be drafted in baseball or how good he is at that sport.

Also, doesn't baseball overlap less than basketball does?  BJ Daniels is supposedly going to play basketball so I see no reason to keep someone from playing baseball.  But then, I don't know the practice schedules...

I don't think there is any overlap with baseball and football, like there is with basketball. In fact, according to newspaper accounts the new WVU football coach encouraged Pat White to play baseball this past season to give him a basball option after he graduates. White didn't because he said he couldn't hit the curveball. LOL. He turned down a $400,000 contract in baseball to play football. He's even been drafted while at WVU.

Leavitt, just expects a couple of things from two sport athletes: Don't get injured and keep up your grades.

I can't even imagine how hard that must be.  If you played two sports you'd probably never even see a class room.  That's got to be a tough way to learn.  Of course a lot of football and basketball players take liberal arts paths (I did engineering I'm allowed to say liberal arts is easy), but without going to class it's got to be extremely difficult.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

In the Big East, at the moment, there are only four ESPN 150 recruits.

WVU has 2

USF has 1

RU has 1

To get on their list it appears you need an 81 rating. We have a few guys on the bubble: Dixon 80, Battles 80 & Thompson 79:

South Florida14 commits | 1 ESPN 150 commit 

NAME POS HT WT SCHOOL RANK GRADE STATUS NOTES

Victor Marc ATH 6'0" 210 Hallandale H.S. (FL ) ATH #10 81 Verbal 

Ricardo Dixon CB 5'10" 170 Hallandale H.S. (FL ) CB #10 80 Verbal 

Bradley Battles RB 5'9" 180 Marianna H.S. (FL ) RB #21 80 Verbal 

Demi Thompson DE 6'1" 245 Lake Mary H.S. (FL ) DE #31 79 Verbal 

James Green WR 6'2" 202 Leon H.S. (FL ) WR #40 78 Verbal 

Jacquez Jenkins S 6'2" 177 Lakewood Senior H.S. (FL ) S #36 78 Verbal 

Adaris Bellamy RB 5'10" 214 Dunedin H.S. (FL ) RB #39 78 Verbal 

Tyrone Williams OLB 6'0" 195 Thomasville H.S. (GA ) OLB #46 77 Verbal

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/conference?confId=10&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fconference%3fconfId%3d10%26season%3d2009

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If we live up to our potential we could very well add some more top 150 kids. 

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

True.

Also, Leavitt played both baseball and football at Missouri, so maybe that helped convince Marc that he could do the same here.

Other than RJ Anderson, I don't remember another commit who was going to play both sports at USF. Anderson, of course, chose in the end to play professional baseball. Unlike Anderson, I don't know if Marc is expected to be drafted in baseball or how good he is at that sport.

Otis Dixon.  The Dump Truck actually played baseball and football at USF.  I think he gave up baseball his senior year though.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

True.

Otis Dixon.  The Dump Truck actually played baseball and football at USF.  I think he gave up baseball his senior year though.

Thanks for reminding me.

I know that we recruited QB Casey Kelly in the last class and Leavitt was going to let him play baseball. Kelly signed with Tenn, but elected to take the baseball draft money instead. Also, when C Ingram, [another two sport athlete], decided to sign with UF, we almost landed another QB, D.T. McDowell, on signing day who leavitt was going to let play baseball, but he ended up signing with Troy.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Then he ended up playing with the angels. He was out in Spring trainging with me. (d.t) that is. He ended up getting released but he was a monster in the weight room. Funny that he was mentioned. Football is so time consuming right off the get go in school. Baseball is just in the weightroom that early,then practice during the season,intersquads, and back in the weight room. If the kid has the talent he doesn't need to practice with the team but must find time to stay in baseball condition(hit in cages, or throw and or track fly balls) and then just show up

Archived