• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

David Price Update.

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

well...since it is now August we can start the David Price countdown (i am guessing the rays bring him up when the rosters expand on Sept 1)

he pitched last night in AA and went 7 innings and struck out 10.  He is now 10-0 with a 1.97 ERA in his 14 professional starts.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016

well...since it is now August we can start the David Price countdown (i am guessing the rays bring him up when the rosters expand on Sept 1)

he pitched last night in AA and went 7 innings and struck out 10.  He is now 10-0 with a 1.97 ERA in his 14 professional starts.

yeah the stats are inhuman.  He's actually pitching BETTER since getting called up to Montgomery.  It's nearly freakish, almost crazy. 

since he really only has 2 pitches right now it might be in the bullpen but he is trying to mix in his changeup more and more.  he threw like 10-15 of them in his outing

• Content Count:  883

Yeah, dude is a stud.  I'm saving the #1 waiver priority in my primary league for him.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he appears to be a cant miss

but i have seen those types miss

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

since he really only has 2 pitches right now it might be in the bullpen but he is trying to mix in his changeup more and more.  he threw like 10-15 of them in his outing

No doubt the Rays will also want to limit his innings this year and next.  IF they bring him up, he's likely bullpen bound.  IF he makes the team next year out of ST, there will probably be some 'pen work mixed in.  It's worked out pretty well for Joba Chamberlin.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Price and Percival hit it off in Spring Training.  Bring him up and let Percy show him the ropes, and let Price show Percy what a real fastball is.  =)

• Content Count:  873

Price and Percival hit it off in Spring Training.  Bring him up and let Percy show him the ropes, and let Price show Percy what a real fastball is.  =)

Price getting lessons from percival?  You see the goal of pitching is to NOT give up runs...something percival can't do.

• Content Count:  3,078

he is already on the 40 man, so it is just a matter of time at this point...

It's worked out pretty well for Joba Chamberlin.

you sure about that?  Joba is on his way to see Dr Andrews which almost always means tommy john.  im not saying having him in the bullpen then as a starter caused that but it didnt help.

i wouldnt mind seeing price out of the bullpen to finish out this year but next year from the time camp opens he will be in there as a SP. 

Archived