• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

quavon taylor dismissed from team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

20 credits in one summer?  Crazy!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,254

Whether this is true or not, any player dismissed for academic reasons is fine by me. It means a lot more to me these kids get their degrees then play football. Hardly any of them will make it to the NFL and a good education can be the only way out of the hood. So hopefully he's able to get his grades up and play.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

again, just to be clear, from what i've been told, quavon taylor's absence from practice this week has ZERO to do with any academic problems.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

again, just to be clear, from what i've been told, quavon taylor's absence from practice this week has ZERO to do with any academic problems.

easy come

Easy go

• Content Count:  3,692

according to Brett, back on Monday

• Content Count:  4,642

i'm curious to see how we'll start to evaluate him and at what position.  i see him as being a sean taylor type of a safety during his career.

• Content Count:  12,293

yea taylor is a little too small to be a LB in the Big East.  Safety he will be deadly.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

According to Greg:

August 03, 2008

Freshman Taylor reports, won't miss practice

Quavon Taylor won't miss the start of fall practice after all.

The freshman linebacker from Miami Northwestern was excused this weekend to go home to Miami to attend to some personal matters, but made an unexpectedly quick return, reporting with the rest of USF's incoming freshmen Sunday. He'll be able to practice with the rest of the Bulls on Monday afternoon.

Because of USF's relative depth at linebacker, Taylor and fellow freshmen Mike Lanaris and Armando Sanchez are likely to redshirt, but coach Jim Leavitt has said he likes the speed and hitting ability that Taylor would bring to the Bulls on special teams.

-- Also, as a programming note, I'll be doing a live chat over at Thebullspen.com on Wednesday night at 8 p.m. ... I've done a few chats in the past there with the message-board gang and it's always gone well, with lots of good questions. If you can't make it then but have a question you want answered, post it here and I'll do my best to address it as well. We'll get a link to a transcript afterwards, too ...

Posted by Greg Auman at 1:22:00 PM on August 3, 2008 | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

• Content Count:  5,249

yea taylor is a little too small to be a LB in the Big East.  Safety he will be deadly.

that was always my belief.  he doesn't have the size to be an LB, but he certainly has the strength and hitting ability...

combine that with the speed of a safety, and he is going to be deadly in the defensive backfield cleaning up wide receivers.

glad to hear that he handled his business down in the MIA and made it back for the start of fall practice.

Archived