• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

quavon taylor dismissed from team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

yea taylor is a little too small to be a LB in the Big East.  Safety he will be deadly.

ever heard of Rohan Marley?  Michael Barrow and Armstead each played around 215lbs.  I don't think Taylor is too small for LB, it's just whether his body is stout enough to hold up to the pounding.  Speed kills at LB, and safety.  It will be interesting to see where he ends up.  I have a feeling Taylor will long minutes this season.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,254

yea taylor is a little too small to be a LB in the Big East.  Safety he will be deadly.

ever heard of Rohan Marley?  Michael Barrow and Armstead each played around 215lbs.  I don't think Taylor is too small for LB, it's just whether his body is stout enough to hold up to the pounding.  Speed kills at LB, and safety.  It will be interesting to see where he ends up.  I have a feeling Taylor will long minutes this season.

That's also when 300 was big for a lineman. The guys have gotten bigger.

• Content Count:  117

S._Bien is 100% correct. According to the 2008 media guide Stephen Nicholas weighed in at a whopping 190lbs as a freshman, Quavon is listed at 198lbs in the most current roster. Another example of a highly touted undersized LB is Trey Blackmon at AU who was considered to be a top five LB recruit 4 years ago weighed in at under 200lbs. The latest word is that Leavitt is seriously impressed with Taylor's speed and tackling, my guess is he stays at OLB.

Here's Taylor's HS Highlights...be sure to mute the sound.

S._Bien is 100% correct. According to the 2008 media guide Stephen Nicholas weighed in at a whopping 190lbs as a freshman, Quavon is listed at 198lbs in the most current roster. Another example of a highly touted undersized LB is Trey Blackmon at AU who was considered to be a top five LB recruit 4 years ago weighed in at under 200lbs. The latest word is that Leavitt is seriously impressed with Taylor's speed and tackling, my guess is he stays at OLB.

Here's Taylor's HS Highlights...be sure to mute the sound.

I am not saying Taylor won't end up at SS, but it is not as simple as others are making it sound.  BTW ksquire, Quavon is reportedly around 204lbs by one recent report.  Also, Nicholas, and St. Louis each played their first three years south of 225lbs, Quavon is not that far from being a fine size for a LB, providing he has the speed, and elusiveness, and strength to shed blockers.  Also there are lots of smallish LB's playing right now, badbull gave a good example of Blackmon, how about Jones at UF who played around 215lbs last year.

I think he stays at OLB too, if he has this legit 4.5 speed at 200 or 205lbs, Keef will slowly build him over the next two years to a point where he'll be a solid 220-225lbs tackling machine.  We shall see but let's hear how he goes for a year, and he might surprise you.  Personally I think badbull is right and Quavon slowly develops into one of those speed demon OLB's that wreaks havoc on the opposition because he's too fast, and wiley for blockers to get to him.

How about lil ole Brouce Mompremier who was 6ft, 205lbs when he arrived.  Now he's around 230lbs, and seeing him close I think he's close to that, real broad shoulders like Quavon.  One of our OL had said he hated blocking Brouce the most because he's so quick, and elusive it's impossible to get a mit on him.  I see Quavon as a slightly faster version of Brouce, or Sabbath Joseph who came to USF at 6ft 200lbs, and now he's also 230lbs, and might be a starting OLB this year.  I think Quavon will be fine at OLB if that's where he ends up.

Archived