• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who are the 7 recruits for Miami that are Ineligible?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

i thought there was a max amount of scholarships allotted every year and that it's less than 33 ..anybody know? something like 25?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

You get 25 scholarships a year, but cannot exceed 85 on scholarship at one time.  However, the rules allow you to count 2 incoming recruits to the prior class if they enroll in the spring.  Then you also have greyshirts, who are kids who defer their enrollment until the following spring or pay their own way for a semester.

For Miami's purposes: they signed 33, and 9 enrolled in January.  2 of those 9 will count towards the 2007 class.  They count 24 of the kids towards the 2008 class as 7 were ineligible.  If any one of the 7 become eligible prior to the start of fall classes they can be counted to the 2008 class also.  If more than 1 becomes eligible then 1 gets added to the 2008 class and the other(s) are asked to greyshirt and enroll with the 2009 class.  Hope that doesn't confuse things more.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

He went from a 15 to a 21 on his ACT.  That'll get you flagged everytime!

Josh Newberg

So, you think he got a guy to take the test for him that was a little too smart?   >:D

He should've just said he changed his guesses from choice A to C...  lol

If they were smart, they should've enrolled him in a Kaplan crash course so at least they would've been able to "play it off" like he got smart.  Or shoot, it would've helped him improve anyway.  Of course those courses cost about $1200 or at least they did when I used it about 11 years ago.  Jumped my SAT about 100 points since you take so many friggin "practices" you almost learn the questions they use and the time management is invaluable.  Plus, statistically, when i took it, C was the highest percentage of answers back then so if you guessed C on ones you were clueless or between two answers, that alone could bump you 20-30 points.

Don't know how much it could improve an ACT score as I only took that once as I didn't need it really once I got the SAT I wanted.

• Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

Sort of a non-story.  They had 33 recruits so I am sure they knew some were not going to make it.

I agree you usually can only sign 25.. 33 - 7= 26.  I think they will be ok.

Archived