• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Apology from College Football Live??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

we are going to need alot of votes to beat fsu. Those were some b.s comments he made today. He seemed upset that people are upset at him. Give someone respect. I don't understand if he likes usc better he had a vote, so go vote. It is not really up to him wether we don't have a better helmet, in fact he can even let his opinion be known but do not sit there and try to manipulate it by putting ours on the ground. We did get the nice publiciity though keep it coming. Would have liked to see mike ford on the rb list of guys they mentioned instead they throw some guy from Kent St. out there who is 5'5 lol. Yea real important.

I can't say I blame them. Give me a reason Ford belongs up there with any of those backs. Eugene Jarvis (the 5'5" guy) ran for over 1600 yards last year. Ford didn't even lead his own team. He definitely has break out potential for this year, but he hasn't played like Wells, Moreno, Spiller, Davis, etc.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

In Rece's defense, before he put our helmet down, he did mention that if we were talking about an actual game and we beat them he wouldn't be that surprised.  He just didn't like our helmet and if he was basing his opinion on the one they had in the studio, then I don't blame him.  I thought him giving us a compliment about playing USC tough on the field was a bigger deal than him putting our helmet on the floor, but whatever. 

In addition, Rece gave USF more love last year than all the talking heads combined.  At times he sounded like he loved us, even after the losses.  I can say some bad stuff about many of the ESPN heads, but you won't hear me picking on Rece.

• Content Count:  118

This helmet disrespect has me a little off-gaurd when it comes to Rece.  I may not be remembering correctly, but last year he was pro-USF during our season.  And, he consistantly ranked us higher than the other ESPN college football analysts.  But, that was many beers ago - so I may be wrong.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

putting our helmet on the floor on national TV is the ultimate in disrespect.  Did he do this to any other team's helmets?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

<snip>

He said the email was from Eric.  Was this ET that sent that email?

...or Soncrant    ;)

or Eric is a pretty common name.....

yeah, take it from someone who knows...it could always be erik with a "k"

and maybe he was putting the helmet on the floor to hide the fact that it wasn't even USF's real helmet...maybe

• Content Count:  1,894

we are going to need alot of votes to beat fsu. Those were some b.s comments he made today. He seemed upset that people are upset at him. Give someone respect. I don't understand if he likes usc better he had a vote, so go vote. It is not really up to him wether we don't have a better helmet, in fact he can even let his opinion be known but do not sit there and try to manipulate it by putting ours on the ground. We did get the nice publiciity though keep it coming. Would have liked to see mike ford on the rb list of guys they mentioned instead they throw some guy from Kent St. out there who is 5'5 lol. Yea real important.

I can't say I blame them. Give me a reason Ford belongs up there with any of those backs. Eugene Jarvis (the 5'5" guy) ran for over 1600 yards last year. Ford didn't even lead his own team. He definitely has break out potential for this year, but he hasn't played like Wells, Moreno, Spiller, Davis, etc.

lol I think anyone could run for that many yards at Kent State. Regardless of how many yards he ran. Ford is known by everyone in CFB and after not playing for a year I'd say he did pretty well for himself and is worthy of getting a notion for someone to look out for this year. A rb of his size and ability should always be talked about IMO but thats just me and I love usf so it could be a little biased.

• Content Count:  3,827

In Rece's defense, before he put our helmet down, he did mention that if we were talking about an actual game and we beat them he wouldn't be that surprised.  He just didn't like our helmet and if he was basing his opinion on the one they had in the studio, then I don't blame him.  I thought him giving us a compliment about playing USC tough on the field was a bigger deal than him putting our helmet on the floor, but whatever. 

I agreed with Rece.....and the reaction of this message board was almost as predictable as me looking out my window and noticing that the sky is blue.

Archived