• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Knight Fans contacting recruits illegally through Myspace

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=114460067&mid=114460067&sid=908&style=2

They even admit doing it in the thread, a clear NCAA violation.

• Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

geez, if you are going to break the rules, at least do it for someone better than 79th at their position...

• Content Count:  12,293

well they do need all the help they can get.  shoot...let them throw a Christmas party for the guy.  we still will get them by 30+ points

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, you probably don't want to open that can of worms. I bet there are lots of schools with this problem - like the average college student is well versed on NCAA recruiting regulations.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah, you probably don't want to open that can of worms. I bet there are lots of schools with this problem - like the average college student is well versed on NCAA recruiting regulations.

Pretty sure some of their fans attempted to turn USF in for something similar to this last recruiting season.  I think out of principal someone should return the favor. 

• Content Count:  2,239

I don't think anyone seriously tried to report.  Some talked about it, but if someone did something, I never heard about it.

• Content Count:  1,894

They were even dumb enough to insult us by calling us loser fans that have nothing better to do and even gave us the idea to do something with the information. If that's not dumb I don't know what is.

If someone did turn them in, I wouldn't be upset but at the same time I really don't care that this happened because ultimately Ucf will always be eating left overs.

• Content Count:  9,038

Knight fans calling USF posters stupid for voting on the ESPN Helmet Clash

Knight fans contacting recruits via Facebook, a clear NCAA violation

hmmm.......

• Content Count:  2,657

I don't think anyone seriously tried to report.  Some talked about it, but if someone did something, I never heard about it.

Dawg -- last year, some of UCF's more erudite fans actually turned in USF to the NCAA, for allegedly having "illegal tryout camps" after USF held their annual junior day. True story...even Brandon Helwig got a good laugh on the rivals mainboard. The rukus started after USF received a verbal from now departed Alton Voss. A local, small-time newspaper described the event as a "tryout" and was all that was needed to start a four page thread on the UCF board and countless threads on other rivals boards.

Personally, I think recruiting would be a lot more fun if they let everyone recruit like the did on BlueChips

B0007KIFLE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Great movie....and provided fans with Penny Hardaway's best moment as a professional.  ;)

Archived