• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pasco County Alumni Chapter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

My wife and I are seeking to develop an active Pasco County Chapter of the USF Alumni Association. I am feeling out the board here to see if there would be a strong interest in having socials and watch parties in Pasco (most likely the New Port Richey/Trinity area). Additionally, if there are those in the northern counties (Hernando and Citrus) who would be interested, please let me know.

I spoke with the Alumni Association and they said that many have tried to start one in the past, but it usually falls flat. Therefore, I want to make sure that any efforts we make are going to be well received. Obviously, these things start out small and grow over time, but I want to make sure its just not the two of us sitting in a sports bar on road games alone. I want to be able to tell the restaurant that they can count on a certain core group of USF fans if they are willing to support our efforts.

Also, if there is anyone who would be willing to help with some of the watch parties, that would be great as well. My wife and I would take care of all the details and planning, but we attend a lot of the road games (doing 4 of them this year) so it would be nice to have someone dependable to help run things when we are out of town. Looking forward to hearing from the Pasco County contingent.

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Hey Bully,

I would be interested in a Pasco Chapter, I am also in the NPR, Trinity area.

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

T-Man was my teacher in high school (Advanced Placement US History). I tortured him from 1998-2000.

• Content Count:  3,097

I'm not an alum of USF (only went there 2 years), but when done with my internship at the end of August, I plan on being in the West Pasco area and would love to participate as much as I can.

• Content Count:  4,139

Bully, I did talk to others interested in a Pasco Chapter at the Tailgate...    I tell ya, it's going to take a lot of work but anything worth a **** takes time.  When you go into it you always have to remember, YOU are what makes an Alumni Chapter great, the rest is just words and paperwork.  An Alumni Chapter is made up of people who want the same things and strive for the same goals, so be sure to be open minded and not afraid to try new things. Just like CJL, you're building this on a vision of what you eventually want to do in your community, so do not hesitate to ask for help from everyone you can.  Also, let me know what I can do to help, maybe we Pinellas peeps can have a function up there or something to help get the ball rolling. Good luck my friend,

... Build it and they will come.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

im in pasco, would get involved

Moving to Wesley Chapel next month..count me in!

Therein lies the problem... There may need to be a West Pasco and East Pasco chapters.

The Tampa chapter has the same issues, with people who live and work all over.

• Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

I helped run a few watch parties in the LOL/Wesley Chapel are about 5 years ago.  We did have some great turnout for some games, and lousy for others.  Trinity area might be a great halfway point between LOL and NPR.  I'd be interested in getting involved somehow.  Although I'm trying to sell my house and move to Seminole (look out Mutt)

Archived