• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA 2009, Screw you EA Sports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

Are we really going to let a video game set our nerves off. This seems like a pointless rant to me. I know for a fact I could take some non BCS school to an undefeated record in this game, but would that happen in rel life? It's a game. Just wait until we kick the crap out of UCF...it means nothing.

It is when video games cost 60 bucks, you'd expect them to be more accurate.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,403

The only player that EA Sports got right was Grothe and Selvie.

If by "right", you mean having Selvie as a fat and slow, then yes. Selvie's speed is an 89, which is just as disgusting as having Carlton Mitchell's speed a 90. In fact on a team who, from top to bottom, is built on speed the speed rankings are as follows:

Taurus Johnson: 94

Nate Allen: 91

Fr CB #86: 91

Fr CB #31(Tyson Butler): 91

Jamar Taylor: 90

Moise Plancher: 90

Carlton Mitchell: 90

Jerome Murphy: 90

Marcus Edwards: 90

Danny Verpaele: 90  (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

George Selvie: 89

Mike Ford: 89

Jarriett Buie: 76 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Our fastest LB? Kion Wilson, with an 88. 2nd is a tie between Sabbath Jospeh and ALONZO MCQUEEN at 84.

Which brings me to the biggest snub of all, in my opinion: Tyrone McKenzie. The man who leads the NATION in tackles the past 2 seasons. He leads Laurenitus 250 to 236 tackles.

Laurenitus is the best player in NCAA 09. Rated a 99, with 89 speed, 82 strength, 88 agility, 96 acceleration, 94 awareness, 98 pursuit, with a tackle rating of 96.

McKenzie, on the other hand, is rated an 89, with 82 speed, 78 strength, 87 agility, 85 acceleration, 80 awareness, 80 pursuit, with a tackle rating of 84!

Should I continue?

Yeah, I know a bunch of fans of other teams can do the same thing, and I know that we're talking about a video game here...which is definitely not an exact science, but come on....put some EFFORT into this, EA!

Yep, I definitely edited Carlton and McKenzie.  McKensie was especially stupid, imo.  Good highlight of their errors.

• Content Count:  743

Forget this game.  I just took it back to the store.  I'm gonna play last year's game and updaye the rosters.  I HATE the fact that you can't change some of the controls!  I've been using the x button for sprint ever since I've been playing these games and for some reason this year, they force you to use x as strip ball.  Might not seem like a big deal to you all but it's frustrating as crap.

New games, new controls. Sounds like your stuck on NCAA 01 on PS. The systems change and they find better layouts for controls. Make the adjustment man..

• Content Count:  5,241

It quit raining at the louisville game. it has been sunny skies for the next 3 games.

• Content Count:  873

Forget this game.  I just took it back to the store.  I'm gonna play last year's game and updaye the rosters.  I HATE the fact that you can't change some of the controls!  I've been using the x button for sprint ever since I've been playing these games and for some reason this year, they force you to use x as strip ball.  Might not seem like a big deal to you all but it's frustrating as crap.

New games, new controls. Sounds like your stuck on NCAA 01 on PS. The systems change and they find better layouts for controls. Make the adjustment man..

I shouldn't have to.  All the past years, they've let you change the controls to the way you want.  Then all of a sudden, there's certain buttons that aren't changeable, it's retarded.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I haven't been buying too many of these conspiracy theories about this game, but you know what I have found VERY curious?

Has anyone else noticed that at USF home games, Raymond James Stadium is half-filled with green & gold and half filled with whatever colors the other team sports?

I've taken note at our away games, and the game at UCF had exactly NO GREEN.  I played the NC State game last night, and we had a small section (realistic).

So why is our stadium half given over to the opposing team?

Very strange.

• Content Count:  1,894

I just played the game yesterday for the first time. LOL. UCF was given a pretty decent team but anyway to the point. The game as far as graphics they improved but like i said,as the graphics improve the game play sucks. It is becoming more like madden. The game overall is very dissapointing. I wouldn't reccommend it but thats just my opinion. I would def. stick with ps2 and play 06-07 with an updated roster. I substitute graphics for free and easy control of user abilities. There is something seriously wrong with the deep passes in all football games now. Its completely unrealistic they throw it straight up in the air and it's a hailmary type pass everytime. EA Sports "it's not in the game" this time.

• Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

I was very surprised to see the new uniforms in the game...  Very surprised to not see Rocky in the game...  Very surprised that the ball doesn't spin on replays and is kind of a knuckleball.  Kind of a let down.

I don't care about the ratings because you can mildly tweak those, but get the mascot in the game since one of the features is supposed to be celebrating with your mascot. 

• Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

I just played the game yesterday for the first time. LOL. UCF was given a pretty decent team but anyway to the point. The game as far as graphics they improved but like i said,as the graphics improve the game play sucks. It is becoming more like madden. The game overall is very dissapointing. I wouldn't reccommend it but thats just my opinion. I would def. stick with ps2 and play 06-07 with an updated roster. I substitute graphics for free and easy control of user abilities. There is something seriously wrong with the deep passes in all football games now. Its completely unrealistic they throw it straight up in the air and it's a hailmary type pass everytime. EA Sports "it's not in the game" this time.

I thought 06 and 08 were good on the PS2. 

• Content Count:  146

The Wii version has Rocky in it, maybe they used the PS2 version (the plays seems similar)... I hadn't noticed the stadium thing I'll check that out next game.

Archived