• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

NCAA 2009, Screw you EA Sports

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

The majority of Tiberon which makes NCAA is UF alum. My friend works there.

Not much better in my opinion,

If it is heavily baised by UF, then why does FSU have such good ratings on the game?

they have 99 overall on defense, and amazing ratings for offense and overall.

FSU is a 99 with that crapass team?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  329

EA sports bases a lot of their player rankings off of what they see at everyone's Spring Game.

• Content Count:  2,508

Electronic Arts (EA Sports included) is one of the biggest sweatshops in the video game industry.  They underpay their development and artistic staff, and they work them ungodly amount of hours.

Everyone in the video game industry knows this.  EA is a launching point for people to start their careers.  The only time EA gets a group of experienced staff is when they gobble up a smaller game studio.  Those people usually stay long enough to collect some time of bonus, and then they leave to form a new start-up game studio.

That alone is reason enough to stay away from their games until the hit the bargain bin at 50% off.  The fact that EA Sports rehashes the same game year after year with minor incremental changes while charging the same rate of a full priced game is another reason not to buy their products.

Did you seriously think that they would make USF a powerhouse in this game.  The typical powerhouses in the game will be Southern Cal, Michigan, Ohio State, LSU and maybe UF.  FSU, Miami and ND should make that list because of their national presence, but all of those teams have sucked so much for the past few years that there is no way they can justify giving them a boost.  Unknown programs like USF, Louisville or WVU will not get proper rankings.  They just do not have the national appeal like those other schools.

• Content Count:  3

Electronic Arts (EA Sports included) is one of the biggest sweatshops in the video game industry.  They underpay their development and artistic staff, and they work them ungodly amount of hours.

Everyone in the video game industry knows this.  EA is a launching point for people to start their careers.  The only time EA gets a group of experienced staff is when they gobble up a smaller game studio.  Those people usually stay long enough to collect some time of bonus, and then they leave to form a new start-up game studio.

That alone is reason enough to stay away from their games until the hit the bargain bin at 50% off.  The fact that EA Sports rehashes the same game year after year with minor incremental changes while charging the same rate of a full priced game is another reason not to buy their products.

Did you seriously think that they would make USF a powerhouse in this game.  The typical powerhouses in the game will be Southern Cal, Michigan, Ohio State, LSU and maybe UF.  FSU, Miami and ND should make that list because of their national presence, but all of those teams have sucked so much for the past few years that there is no way they can justify giving them a boost.  Unknown programs like USF, Louisville or WVU will not get proper rankings.  They just do not have the national appeal like those other schools.

Diddn't WVU have high rankings in 08?

• Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

Diddn't WVU have high rankings in 08?

I think they were like #9 or something like that.

• Content Count:  3,403

Yeah, they also have us as a 3-star school...the same as UCF.  I think it's fairly obvious we should be a 4-star school or at least a star ahead of UCF.  A few other C-USA teams are 3 stars as well.

Ford does look extremely thin, but that's what editing rosters is for.  I changed several guys on defense (Nate Allen, Mompremier and McKensie who they had at the opposite positions, I believe, and a few others).  That put USF 5 points ahead of UCF's defense, which is slightly more accurate.

It's also insulting to have UCF as our "rivalry" game instead of WVU or UL, but that certainly wasn't a surprise.

I actually worked with a few guys that are working for them now, and they went to USF, but I don't think they are working on NCAA Football.  That's unfortunate, because 1 of them is a season ticket holder.

• Content Count:  130

Back in the early versions, NCAA '98 or '99, there was a credits screen that you could bring up with the programmers and would list each person's favorite team.

Back then, lots of UF, FSU, and UCF fans.

I wonder if the current game has something similar.

• Content Count:  7,890

also I have noticed that every time that USF plays at home the stadium is filled half with the away teams fans but when you play at UCF the stands are all gold. Ummmmmmmmmm

What sucks is EA is the only ones that make a College football game.

• Content Count:  1,894

lol wvu was one of the best teams to play with in the game. They just don't have the time to research all the players and make them exactly right. They just get through the majority of the playmakers. It always happens this way. When we continue to play this way we will find ourselves better in the game.

For example. The Mvp college baseball. They didn't research anything people had different pitches. They have me throwing 93 in the game I think. I wouldn't be typing this right now if i did lol. Another example for their bigger games like mvp they make up the minor leaguers. They could have done triple A so you can actually call real players up, but no. In college football there are too many guys where they don't know enough about to judge the attributes about them so they get terrible/bad/decent/good attributes.

• Content Count:  136

PS2 has Rocky in the 09 game! Simulated the first season and FSU won the championship!!!!

Archived