• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Comeback POY Candidates

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

Verpaele, Erskin & Robinson.

I'm nodding towards Robinson.

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

isnt Erskin done?

• Content Count:  4,016

Verpaele, Erskin & Robinson.

I'm nodding towards Robinson.

Go BULLS !!!

Will Erskin make it back this year?  I definitely agree that Verpaele and Robinson will battle it out.  I am hoping for big things from Robinson, he had a monster spring game, in many ways it was more impressive then Buie's gaudy 6 sack total.  Some of Buie's sacks were yellow jersey contact stuff, but Robinson had an INT, almost two, and was all over the field.

I think if Carlton Williams doesn't step up that we'll see Verpaele in as the SS and he could have a huge impact.  Williams and Gachette have all the size and intangibles but last year I never felt either played physical enough at SS, and were not great at run support.  Verpaele is good there, and has the instincts.  My feeling is he ends up starting at SS, and gives us that hard nosed SS enforcer we lacked last year.

• Content Count:  12,293

My feeling is he ends up starting at SS, and gives us that hard nosed SS enforcer we lacked last year.

yea, we could of used at enforcer in the rutgers game.

however, when verpaele has to make a play in open space its ugly

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Verpale can hit. Very good.

But I'll say Robinson. Before he got hurt last year, I thought he was going to be better than Selvie. He has the talent, we'll see what happens.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Like many said before me, I think Erskin is hurt again.  I'm not expecting much out of him.  I think its more important for C-Rob to make strides rather than Verpaele.  Danny seems to be playing at a position where we have proven depth.

This will be the 12th year, correct?  I think we've had a Verpaele for 9 or 10 of those years (when you include their Redshirt years) 

• Content Count:  883

The last thing I saw or heard about Erskin was that he got hurt earlier this year but he was gonna try (again) to make it back this season.  Mama would have the answer.  You there Mama Bull?

• Content Count:  919

While I agree with everyone about Robinson, I wouldn't mind seeing Tolley in the mix.  Although, I'm not sure there is anything for him to come back from since he's been hurt ever since he got to USF.  I'm worried about that OT depth.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

While I agree with everyone about Robinson, I wouldn't mind seeing Tolley in the mix.  Although, I'm not sure there is anything for him to come back from since he's been hurt ever since he got to USF.  I'm worried about that OT depth.

I was a big Tolley fan from day 1.  I thought he'd be penciled in on the OL for 4 straight years.  Its too bad.  He can't seem to shake all of the injuries (was it groin related?).  Seems to be a leader too.  I like his attitude. 

Archived