• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how can rutgers ever out recruit usf

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Gee I am a wanabee college football player lets see where I would want to go.

USF - Sun, warm, chicks wearing small outfits (showing skin), near beaches, big campus.  Play in a pro stadium

Rutgers - ok campus, cold, wet during the January, Feburary and March, play in an on campus stadium.

You pick.

Not that playing in the biggest TV market in the country,  easy access to good summer intern programs in NYC.  easy access to NYC, good academic programs, etc ever come into play when recruiting comes around...There is a little more involved in recruiting than just warm weather.

Hate to say it, but Sun and pretty girls are more important to an 18 y.o. than summer internships and being near NYC where a "broke" student cannot afford to eat lunch.....

Actually there are more pretty women in NYC than all of Tampa because of the sheer size of the city and everyone "wants" to visit or be a part of the lore of NYC. ;)  And academics is very important when you see the APR (whatever it is) of RU it was only behind Navy and Stanford and with a million jobs in every field it's only a 35/40 min train ride from downtown New Brunswick to Midtown Manhattan.  Also, you can eat a ton of food in NYC for little or nothing.  NYC caters to all from fine dinning to street vendors. ;D

I would disagree. For years, I spent a week per month in NYC.  Yes, there are some super model types in the ritzy areas of town, but none that are young and want anything to do with an 18 yo football player.  Go over to NJ and there are even less....  Most women from NYC are frumpy, dress in a lot of black/grey, and as a percentage there are a much higher percentage of attractive and fit women in the south..... 

You must be visiting the tourist traps. ;D  The people you see are tourists too looking for the same thing as you. ;)

Nope,  spent a week per month in NYC in Manhatten for about two years straight.  Had an office in the WTC before it fell.  About as close to being a new yorker as one could possibly be and I can say that as a percentage the girls are hotter in Florida, and things are more affordable.  Put whatever spin you want on it, but I speak the truth. 

In a prior job, I spent a lot of time in NJ (Newark, Cherry hill, etc) and Philly.  Same thing with those locations.  Imho, the hottest women are in Cali, Tx, Atlanta, and Florida.  Yes, very subjective but I have traveled the US enough to know (over 12 years of traveling the US on average 3 weeks per month). 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

USFGrad84 are you saying that football players go to school for internships and consider academics as a high priority?

I'm sure one or two probably do.  ;)

Yeah the third string kicker and the third string QB that actually tracks stats... they are on the team to boost GPA.....

Doesn't hurt that they are the only football school in the State, well them and the powerhouse College of New Jersey Lions. 

• Content Count:  1,985

USF - Sun, warm, chicks wearing small outfits (showing skin), near beaches, big campus.  Play in a pro stadium

Rutgers - ok campus, cold, wet during the January, Feburary and March, play in an on campus stadium.

You pick.

Not that playing in the biggest TV market in the country,  easy access to good summer intern programs in NYC.  easy access to NYC, good academic programs, etc ever come into play when recruiting comes around...There is a little more involved in recruiting than just warm weather.

Hate to say it, but Sun and pretty girls are more important to an 18 y.o. than summer internships and being near NYC where a "broke" student cannot afford to eat lunch.....

Actually there are more pretty women in NYC than all of Tampa because of the sheer size of the city and everyone "wants" to visit or be a part of the lore of NYC. ;)  And academics is very important when you see the APR (whatever it is) of RU it was only behind Navy and Stanford and with a million jobs in every field it's only a 35/40 min train ride from downtown New Brunswick to Midtown Manhattan.  Also, you can eat a ton of food in NYC for little or nothing.  NYC caters to all from fine dinning to street vendors. ;D

Yes, but at the end of the day......ITS STILL FREAKIN NORTH JERSEY>>>>>>>  NOT NEW YORK.. It sucks there.  I lived there, actually I lived in South Jersey where it is nice.... And it sucks. 

You know, I have to admit though, it is holding its own up there with all of the Spring Break festivities and charters running out to Piscattaway for Spring Break...

Honestly, they call out the powerhouse recruiting schools..... PSU (props, Joe Pa...) and Syracuse.... OK, I understand.. Dad, I know you want me to go to Syracuse, but I just have to go where the weather is better and the chicks wear only one sweater, and one coat.. Rutgers in balmy, beautiful New Jersey....

I wish I could just beat Schiano to death wth Sabans limp body.

• Content Count:  209

You pick.

I would disagree. For years, I spent a week per month in NYC.  Yes, there are some super model types in the ritzy areas of town, but none that are young and want anything to do with an 18 yo football player.  Go over to NJ and there are even less....  Most women from NYC are frumpy, dress in a lot of black/grey, and as a percentage there are a much higher percentage of attractive and fit women in the south..... 

You must be visiting the tourist traps. ;D  The people you see are tourists too looking for the same thing as you. ;)

Nope,  spent a week per month in NYC in Manhatten for about two years straight.  Had an office in the WTC before it fell.  About as close to being a new yorker as one could possibly be and I can say that as a percentage the girls are hotter in Florida, and things are more affordable.  Put whatever spin you want on it, but I speak the truth.   

In a prior job, I spent a lot of time in NJ (Newark, Cherry hill, etc) and Philly.  Same thing with those locations.  Imho, the hottest women are in Cali, Tx, Atlanta, and Florida.   Yes, very subjective but I have traveled the US enough to know (over 12 years of traveling the US on average 3 weeks per month).   

WTC? that entire area (WTC & Wall St.) is a ghost town during after hours. ;D    There is an area is getting a makeover after 9/11.  Fla. may have hotter women, but NYC women are worldly.  One can only handle a dumb blonde so much. :D

• Content Count:  209

You pick.

Yes, but at the end of the day......ITS STILL FREAKIN NORTH JERSEY>>>>>>>  NOT NEW YORK.. It sucks there.  I lived there, actually I lived in South Jersey where it is nice.... And it sucks. 

You know, I have to admit though, it is holding its own up there with all of the Spring Break festivities and charters running out to Piscattaway for Spring Break...

Honestly, they call out the powerhouse recruiting schools..... PSU (props, Joe Pa...) and Syracuse.... OK, I understand.. Dad, I know you want me to go to Syracuse, but I just have to go where the weather is better and the chicks wear only one sweater, and one coat.. Rutgers in balmy, beautiful New Jersey....

I wish I could just beat Schiano to death wth Sabans limp body.

I guess South Florida isn't in southern Florida, but a long the coast in the middle of Florida. :D  Why not Western Florida or Central Florida at Tampa? ;)  Easy up, I'm having funny with you over this.

• Content Count:  571

this thread is awesome, so i have to add to it.

having over 90 people just from my class alone attending rutgers this fall, I can tell you that that school is filled with attractive girls. Every BCS school in the south pretty much beats rutgers in that game though no doubt. And who ever said NYC is filled with beautiful women; you're crazy. Women in NYC only want to talk to you if you've got money and a nice car. period.

I know its been answered but, yes, Rutgers Stadium is on campus.

its maybe a quarter mile to the parking lots of the stadium from the freshman dorms on busch campus.

we're gonna lay a beat down on them this year   

• Content Count:  13

As an alumni of RU, here are selling points besides warmth and bikinis:

1) RU ranks # 3 amongst football schools nationally in Academic Progress rate (Top 5 Stanford, Navy, RU, Duke and Air Force. Pretty good company). Take note of the GPA's of the recruits that we are signing, and you will see why this is huge.

2) Under an hour to Manhattan & Philadelphia (Not only jobs and internships, but world class night life) and only 45 minutes to the Jersey Shore. Not Sunny FLA but great place to hang out.

3) Located in the largest (NYC) and fifth largest (Philly) media centers in the USA (exposure)

4) Many of the recruits are coming from area's that have been traditionally Penn St, BC, Syracuse recruiting hot beds. Hurt the opposition as we continue to improve. Look at the Hall of Famers these schools have pumped out from the NJ/NY/eastern PA areas, and we are now dominating them.

And yes the stadium is on campus. As noted previously, the school is spread across the New Brunswick/Pascataway area and the stadium is located in Piscataway on the Busch Campus. The school used Giants Stadium often in the past, but has gone away from this as the stadium expanded. Rutgers Stadium is in the process of further expansion, and will seat 56K by the 09 season.

Love your sight, see you in the fall!

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

it is still jersey  end of story pal

usf is tampa

Archived