• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how can rutgers ever out recruit usf

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  0

"Rutgers has plenty to offer, as mentioned above.  However their stadium isn't  on campus, so that isn't one of them."

Yes it is. As a graduate and growing up 20 minute from campus I can assure you that the stadium is on campus. The campus is huge and is in two towns, New Brunswick and Piscataway. The stadium is on the Piscataway side.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

Been on the campus I saw it regarding the stadium.  Actually lived in Brunswick.  Also USFGrad84 are you saying that football players go to school for internships and consider academics as a high priority?  Ok, I guess you are right that is what it is about when you are 18 years old.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

USFGrad84 are you saying that football players go to school for internships and consider academics as a high priority?

I'm sure one or two probably do.  ;)

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I was at the game in October, and from what I could tell, the stadium wasn't on campus.  RU is weird in that it is spread out over several local campuses, but the stadium didn't appear to be in the middle of any campus, as I didn't see academic buildings, dorms, etc.  just the stadium and some other athletic looking buildings, including some inflatable indoor athletic building.  In fact I parked in someone's front driveway, which was right next to the stadium. 

So if you are saying it is on campus, then I believe you, but it isn't what I would call a traditional campus stadium. 

• Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

I wish I knew how to link to the other thread going where smazza says that "rankings mean nothing, it's all about performance on the field." 

Keeps proving his ignorance.  Also, must be a lousy lawyer.

personally attacking Smazza is not recommended.

you f*** with the Smazz, you f*** with me.

personally attacking Jake_Ryan is not recommended.

you **** with the Jake, you **** with me.

• Content Count:  849

rankings mean nothing

it is all about performance on the field

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Gee I am a wanabee college football player lets see where I would want to go.

USF - Sun, warm, chicks wearing small outfits (showing skin), near beaches, big campus.  Play in a pro stadium

Rutgers - ok campus, cold, wet during the January, Feburary and March, play in an on campus stadium.

You pick.

Not that playing in the biggest TV market in the country,  easy access to good summer intern programs in NYC.  easy access to NYC, good academic programs, etc ever come into play when recruiting comes around...There is a little more involved in recruiting than just warm weather.

Hate to say it, but Sun and pretty girls are more important to an 18 y.o. than summer internships and being near NYC where a "broke" student cannot afford to eat lunch.....

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

I wish I knew how to link to the other thread going where smazza says that "rankings mean nothing, it's all about performance on the field." 

Keeps proving his ignorance.  Also, must be a lousy lawyer.

personally attacking Smazza is not recommended.

you f*** with the Smazz, you f*** with me.

personally attacking Jake_Ryan is not recommended.

you **** with the Jake, you **** with me.

bring it, skippy.

• Content Count:  209

I was at the game in October, and from what I could tell, the stadium wasn't on campus.  RU is weird in that it is spread out over several local campuses, but the stadium didn't appear to be in the middle of any campus, as I didn't see academic buildings, dorms, etc.  just the stadium and some other athletic looking buildings, including some inflatable indoor athletic building.   In fact I parked in someone's front driveway, which was right next to the stadium. 

So if you are saying it is on campus, then I believe you, but it isn't what I would call a traditional campus stadium. 

The stadium in locate on the campus of Busch in Piscataway.  RU is made up of 5 different campuses spread out over New Brunswick, Piscataway, East Brunswick, Edison and Highland Park.  College Ave. is the original (main-1766) campus located just west of downtown New Brunswick.  This campus is in an urban setting and differs from Busch.  Busch Campus is in Piscataway across the river from College Ave. and the setting is more like open country.  Where the stadium is located is at the southern end of Busch and most of the fields surrounding the stadium are where a lot of the sports activities take play like lacrosse, field hockey and intramural sports plus the golf course.  As you head north pass the Busch Rec. Center (Weblin) begin to run into dorms, Busch Student Center, and classrooms.  Busch is the second largest campus behind Cook.  Also located in Piscataway is Livingston Campus.  This campus spills over into Edison and a little into Highland Park.  This is where the RAC (basketball arena), baseball, softball and track venues are located.  This campus was an old army barracks that the U.S. gov’t sold (or gave-not sure) to RU and they created another campus with a mixture of Busch and College Ave. in the design.  Back across the river in eastern part of New Brunswick you have Douglass and Cook campuses.  Douglass is an all women campus with over 5000 of them.  Cook Campus runs right next to Douglass and they share a lot of school services (buildings/maintenance/landscaping crews & etc.).  Cook extends into the neighboring town of East Brunswick.  Cook is the farming/science school and the largest of the 5 campuses.  Because of the size of the school (entire university) RU has a bus system that rivals most city systems.  Buses run every 15 to 20 minutes from sun up (6am) to about 2am (3am-weekends) at night.  These are the some of the same buses that transport fans from the stadium to different locations (Livingston, College Ave. & downtown NB) around Piscataway and New Brunswick before and after games.

• Content Count:  209

Gee I am a wanabee college football player lets see where I would want to go.

USF - Sun, warm, chicks wearing small outfits (showing skin), near beaches, big campus.  Play in a pro stadium

Rutgers - ok campus, cold, wet during the January, Feburary and March, play in an on campus stadium.

You pick.

Not that playing in the biggest TV market in the country,  easy access to good summer intern programs in NYC.  easy access to NYC, good academic programs, etc ever come into play when recruiting comes around...There is a little more involved in recruiting than just warm weather.

Hate to say it, but Sun and pretty girls are more important to an 18 y.o. than summer internships and being near NYC where a "broke" student cannot afford to eat lunch.....

Actually there are more pretty women in NYC than all of Tampa because of the sheer size of the city and everyone "wants" to visit or be a part of the lore of NYC. ;)  And academics is very important when you see the APR (whatever it is) of RU it was only behind Navy and Stanford and with a million jobs in every field it's only a 35/40 min train ride from downtown New Brunswick to Midtown Manhattan.  Also, you can eat a ton of food in NYC for little or nothing.  NYC caters to all from fine dinning to street vendors. ;D

Archived