• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You know it's time to quite your job when...

JerseyBull06

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

your boss gets the silly idea that your job is more important than USF football!

A recent discussion about working on saturdays or my lack of working saturdays - I work in a major retail store and am off every other saturday to work as a server so I can make enough money to actually pay my bills - with my boss led me to comment that I'll be "doing my time" working saturdays between now and August as that's when football starts.

My boss casually commented that I wouldn't get every USF home game and talked about the needs of the business coming first. I've worked 4 seasons of USF football in retail and can only remember one time I missed a home game because of working...needless to say I'm looking for a new job. My boss apparently does not understand that in order for the needs of the business to come first it needs to be a "real" job where they pay you "real" money...my job hunt just became my top priority >:D

Rant done

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,502

you know you are crazy....right?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

No, she's spot on.  I had the opprotunity to get a job closer to Lakeland for about 5k a year more, BUT I would have to work every other Saturday for at least the next 6 months in addition to my M-F.

Screw that.

"A bird in the hand..."

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

you know you are crazy....right?

I am crazy, just not for the reasons you think...

I'm highly overqualified for the job I am currently working and am at it temporarily while I look for another permanent position. If we were talking about my career I'd make the sacrafices necessary to further it (within reason), but we're just talking about a job where I'm underpaid and that I don't want to be at come football season anyways. I only have the job I'm at because unfortunately it sounds better on a resume than a lot of the other jobs I could be doing right now and the company is known for excellent training (presumming they'd actually formally train me for my position).

• Content Count:  19,229

doesn't sound crazy to me... sounds like a good decision to look for another job!

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

your boss gets the silly idea that your job is more important than USF football!

A recent discussion about working on saturdays or my lack of working saturdays - I work in a major retail store and am off every other saturday to work as a server so I can make enough money to actually pay my bills - with my boss led me to comment that I'll be "doing my time" working saturdays between now and August as that's when football starts.

My boss casually commented that I wouldn't get every USF home game and talked about the needs of the business coming first. I've worked 4 seasons of USF football in retail and can only remember one time I missed a home game because of working...needless to say I'm looking for a new job. My boss apparently does not understand that in order for the needs of the business to come first it needs to be a "real" job where they pay you "real" money...my job hunt just became my top priority  >:D

Rant done

Not crazy at all. Thinking like that led me to my current profession where I enjoy every Saturday and Sunday off of work, and most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays...also national holidays, spring break, winter break, most days in May and most days in August and sometimes if I want to I can have June and July off as well.  Aim for the clouds.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

My boss casually commented that I wouldn't get every USF home game and talked about the needs of the business coming first. I've worked 4 seasons of USF football in retail and can only remember one time I missed a home game because of working...needless to say I'm looking for a new job. My boss apparently does not understand that in order for the needs of the business to come first it needs to be a "real" job where they pay you "real" money...my job hunt just became my top priority  >:D

Rant done

Not crazy at all. Thinking like that led me to my current profession where I enjoy every Saturday and Sunday off of work, and most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays...also national holidays, spring break, winter break, most days in May and most days in August and sometimes if I want to I can have June and July off as well.  Aim for the clouds.

So, do you collect unemployment or disability?  ;D

• Content Count:  9,038

I have a feeling that his avatar is a reference to his current line of work...

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I have a feeling that his avatar is a reference to his current line of work...

It was a joke.

So, what's that say about your avatar? :o

• Content Count:  12,293

its a tough time to find a job i can tell you that much.  keep that in mind before you quit

Archived