• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

grothe screenshot from ncaa 09 with UA home jersey

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Looks like Will Ferrell modeling the Uni for EA.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

It does look like Will Ferrel.....HAHAHA

So, are those TSA workers in the yellow jackets lining the wall?

Is there a video fat guy that gets tazed after he sprains his ankle from jumping over the wall while trying to rush the field?

• Content Count:  2,511

Hint to prospective NCAA game purchasers.

Wait until the NCAA football season is over to purchase the game to save money.  The game always lists at $60 when it comes out, but it drops to $30 after the season ends.  The 2008 version goes for that price now.

While I can easily afford the original list price, I refuse to pay $60 for a game they recycle every season.  EA only adds incremental changes to the core game every season.  They mainly add a few "gee-wiz" features and tweak the rosters,  uniforms, and stadiums.

It is not like they release a revolutionary game each season.  They could just as easily sell the core game engine, and apply roster, uniform, and stadium updates via Xbox Live for the 360 and whatever online features the PS3 and Wii have.  If you own the PS2, then tough luck you have to buy the full game because you are lucky that they even release anything for that platform anymore.

This is what they used to call "mission packs" when PC's ruled high end graphics games.  It worked for Quake 1, 2 & 3; Doom 1, 2 & 3,  Unreal, and a whole host of other games I never bothered playing.

• Content Count:  3,827

Thankfully, they went with white numbers instead of the gold "mock draft"....cant wait to buy one!

By the way.....Cincy's new ones may be the worst of all-time.

Cincinnatiredtop.jpg

• Content Count:  760

I've always felt they should have expansion packs. Especially for the pro games where rosters change even more. But ofcourse, its always about the money. And coming out with a new one every year for $50-$60 is much more profitable.

• Content Count:  291

God what horrible graphics. I hope this is the PS2 version and not the 360/PS3. Horrible detailed textures/animations not to mention no anti-aliasing. They messed up the uni too, shame on EA, the worst monopoly in football games ever.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

God you guys whine and bi*ch a lot... When I was 7 years old, all we had to play was this:

historyfootball_screen003.jpg

Forgive me for not getting too upset that the color of the uniform trim doesn't match and that the sweat beads don't look realistic...

• Content Count:  2,363

why does grothe look like he's 38 yrs old?  lol

You forget--that's not Grothe! That's USF QB #8. Any similarity to Matt Grothe, real or imagined, is purely coincidental.

Archived