• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why are we getting so many sick running backs?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,471
  • Days Won:  0

Adaris Bellamy, Bradley Battles, and now scout.com says former Auburn commit Rodney Scott is now favoring USF. What are we going to do with all of these running backs and why aren't we trying to recruit sick offensive linemen to protect them?

• Content Count:  622

Why not? I just see kids wanting to be here. All the publicity.. Under Armour.. lol.. #2, we are close to home! They can look forward to being in a backfield with BJ Daniels!!!! And if we bolster our line we are capable of having one of the highest powered offenses in the nation.

Now we just need to start pulling in the big boys on the lines like Demonte McCallister and Ryne Giddins  and  Kamran Joyer and Nick Alajajian..

Don't get me wrong i totally agree with you, espsecially the last part. But... we aren't getting the linemen

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Don't get me wrong i totally agree with you, espsecially the last part. But... we aren't getting the linemen

Well let the guys from last years class see the field first before you say we aren't getting good linemen. Plus 

its only june along time till any of them sign :)

This offense could be really sick in the near future.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If we get highly touted RBs early, then the coaches can show recruits look at the rating of our already committed recruits.

You don't turn down a 3.5, 4, or 5 star guy no matter how many you have.

RBs are usually freak athletes who could also be converted to other positions.  They are sometimes fast enough to be DBs, or strong enough to be LBs, or big enough to be TEs.

They have a lot of athletic potential.

• Content Count:  1,797

Keep in mind that there have been numerous reports that suggest that Bellamy may have a very difficult time qualifying and the battle for Rodney Scott is far from over.  He is not a Bull yet by any means.

Normal

and isn't Battles an "athlete"?

• Content Count:  1,797

Battles is classified as an athlete by Rivals I think, but he is an RB all the way for us.  You really wouldn't want to put him anywhere else after you see his videos.

Normal

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Battles is classified as an athlete by Rivals I think, but he is an RB all the way for us.  You really wouldn't want to put him anywhere else after you see his videos.

Normal

Unless we get a better runningback in the class and he could contribute better at another position

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Normal

Unless we get a better runningback in the class and he could contribute better at another position

No way this kid is one of the best backs in the South East and is still a bit of a sleeper.  He's a great find.

Archived