• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why are we getting so many sick running backs?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Remember also that we have had alot of running backs that have been converted to star defensive players.  High school quarterbacks and running backs tend to be the best athletes in their prospective high school and that can relate into great defensive players as well.  Mike Jenkins was a very good running back in high school along with being a great defensive player just to name one and there have been many.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Remember also that we have had alot of running backs that have been converted to star defensive players.  High school quarterbacks and running backs tend to be the best athletes in their prospective high school and that can relate into great defensive players as well.  Mike Jenkins was a very good running back in high school along with being a great defensive player just to name one and there have been many.

Yup, and I believe Nate Allen and Louis Gachette played QB for their respective high schools and were shifted to the secondary when they got to USF.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Adaris Bellamy, Bradley Battles, and now scout.com says former Auburn commit Rodney Scott is now favoring USF. What are we going to do with all of these running backs and why aren't we trying to recruit sick offensive linemen to protect them?

Scott is much faster than the other two guys, so he gives us another dimension. Also, we can always redshirt one or two of them and recruit one less back next year. It's better to have more quality backs, especially when breaking in a new QB after Grothe graduates.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

There are 37 RBs who are 4 or 5-stars on Rivals.  12 of those are from the state of Florida.  This does not include Bradley Battles who is listed as a 4-star athlete.  The depth at RB in-state this year is incredible and if Scott falls through I hope we can get one of the other guys.  I am glad we are getting our share of the talent out there.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Don't get me wrong i totally agree with you, espsecially the last part. But... we aren't getting the linemen

Well let the guys from last years class see the field first before you say we aren't getting good linemen. Plus 

its only june along time till any of them sign :)

This offense could be really sick in the near future.

Yeah, I think Popek is really going to be a good one.  I am also betting that Jatavious Jackson ends up back on the OL, and he'll be good.  Also, if Green makes it on campus he could be a good one.  Remember we already have Joyer in the fold, and I like him a lot having seen him play at WCHS, and there are some JC prospects the staff are hot on that are elite, and the ever present rumor that Daron Rose will return home to finish his career at USF.

I think we'll be just fine at OL, and are improving talent wise with the 08 class.  These guys will be well equipped to block for these studs and provide an even more prolific running game for USF in the future.

• Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

i dont get it..should we not recruit these RBs because we havent landed any OL yet ?  I kid..well be fine at OL .

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Don't get me wrong i totally agree with you, espsecially the last part. But... we aren't getting the linemen

Well let the guys from last years class see the field first before you say we aren't getting good linemen. Plus 

its only june along time till any of them sign :)

This offense could be really sick in the near future.

Yeah, I think Popek is really going to be a good one.  I am also betting that Jatavious Jackson ends up back on the OL, and he'll be good.  Also, if Green makes it on campus he could be a good one.  Remember we already have Joyer in the fold, and I like him a lot having seen him play at WCHS, and there are some JC prospects the staff are hot on that are elite, and the ever present rumor that Daron Rose will return home to finish his career at USF.

I think we'll be just fine at OL, and are improving talent wise with the 08 class.  These guys will be well equipped to block for these studs and provide an even more prolific running game for USF in the future.

Popek could be very good.  I also think Garvin could be good one,  wasn't he the one that did really well vs a very good UF recruit in a camp?

Archived