• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls sign Home and Home with Western KY?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Mama have you ever disagreed with anything USF has done?

No use in doing it now. We're still playing the game.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

While it may be "nice" that we did this for them, I wish we hadn't.  I'd rather see us playing traditional BCS type OCS games in a 1 and 1 series. The Kansas, Iowa, Oklahoma's of the world.  Decent teams, possible chances to help our rankings, etc...  This would be a win for them, and if they lose doesn;t hurt them.  If we lose, it kills us.... 

All in their favor and no benefit to us....  Not sure what was happening. 

Maybe Doug Wollard is taking that position at Washington and this is his way of getting back at the USF Administration for something....  ha, ha, ha, I'll get them back in a few years, let me execute my plan for revenge now...  (play maniacal laugh track here).

• Content Count:  3

So we definitely cannot ask any school for a 2-1 anymore. Maybe we should hire their AD if Woolard leaves.

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I understand the signing. Its obvious specially for 2010 that we were looking for an easier opponent. With that said I would have liked a 2-1 deal like we got with FIU and FAU. but the 12 game schedules have raised what opponents can ask for and obviously those 2-1 days might be over.

• Content Count:  879

well considering the schedule, its not that bad. But going there? ugggghh.

\

Could visit the Corvette Museum?  If you like that kind of stuff.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I think its a great move by Woolard. Seeing that we have the toughest home schedule ever that year. This is a perfect road game to set up.

Don't forget we have WV, Cinci, Louisville and Miami at home in 2009!!

Great move?

Yes indeed!  What? Did you want them to schedule a Top 10 team on the road with the already brutal home schedule? That would have made a ton of sense!!!

hell yEAH

\

I WANT USF TO PLAY THE BEST AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE

west  ky 1-1  is stupid

playing grummy  teams  dont get usf ready or prepared for the big games and big teams

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

While it may be "nice" that we did this for them, I wish we hadn't.  I'd rather see us playing traditional BCS type OCS games in a 1 and 1 series. The Kansas, Iowa, Oklahoma's of the world.   Decent teams, possible chances to help our rankings, etc...   This would be a win for them, and if they lose doesn;t hurt them.  If we lose, it kills us.... 

Maybe Doug Wollard is taking that position at Washington and this is his way of getting back at the USF Administration for something....   ha, ha, ha, I'll get them back in a few years, let me execute my plan for revenge now...  (play maniacal laugh track here).

it makes more sense to schedule a game withthe big boys

another expample of bad negotioting on part of usf

should have been 2-1 or nothing

• Content Count:  1,219

At this point in USF history there is not the money and consistent fan support to pay for teams like Ball State and Western Kentucky to come here, nor is there the tradition, so we have to settle for 1 and 1’s.

This makes my feelings more ambivalent about continuing a series with UCF.

While it may be "nice" that we did this for them, I wish we hadn't.  I'd rather see us playing traditional BCS type OCS games in a 1 and 1 series. The Kansas, Iowa, Oklahoma's of the world.  Decent teams, possible chances to help our rankings, etc...  This would be a win for them, and if they lose doesn;t hurt them.  If we lose, it kills us.... 

Maybe Doug Wollard is taking that position at Washington and this is his way of getting back at the USF Administration for something....  ha, ha, ha, I'll get them back in a few years, let me execute my plan for revenge now...  (play maniacal laugh track here).

Given this post is typical here... it seems that YET ANOTHER REMINDER of the Out Of Conference schedule philosophy (as reported in many accounts over the years)....

FIVE non-conference games each season:

1 home game against a FCS (formerly I-AA) team every year

1 home game against a BCS team every year

1 away game against a BCS team every year

1 home game against a non-BCS team every year

1 away or home  game against a non-BCS team every year

Apparently, people forget that USF plays SEVEN BCS teams in the Big East conference... so 9 out of 12 games are BCS opponents... that's not bad.

Finally, this is a pay-back.  Western Kentucky scheduled games against USF when we were first starting up... we moved past them to I-A and into the BCS.  So we are remembering schools that were good to us...

Archived