• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Suggestions for Atlanta?

JerseyBull06

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

I'm going to Atlanta this weekend for the first time. Planning on catching a few Braves games but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on other cool stuff to check out while i'm up there.

Thanks!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The coke factory.

• Content Count:  2,118

you will defently have to hit the Underground, which is near the Coke Factory. Also, take a bite to eat at the Varsity.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

The laser light show at stone mountain is pretty cool too if you've never seen it. I too would suggest going to the coke factory, just before trying all of the international brews, find one you like, and remember where it is. There are some really bad ones that you may need to wash down quickly.

• Content Count:  2,363

Depends on what you're into. For just some touristy, only-in-Atlanta stuff, I'd check out the World of Coca-Cola, Centennial Olympic Park, and the Georgia Aquarium, all right by one another. Foodwise, I'd second the Varsity not so much for the food, but for the experience (the food's pretty good for fast food, but that's all it is). For breakfast-type fare--they've got a full menu, but I've only ever been for breakfast--I'd recommend the Flying Biscuit (flyingbiscuit.com for locations) which was recently ranked in USA Today among best breakfast joints in the nation. If history's your thing, there are a few Civil War related sites, including the Atlanta Cyclorama, which is unique and pretty cool. It's also right next to the zoo, though I haven't been there. And just outside the city are Stone Mountain, which has historical (albeit confederate) value, and Kennesaw Mountain National Military Park, which is on the national parks registry.

The laser light show at stone mountain is pretty cool too if you've never seen it. I too would suggest going to the coke factory, just before trying all of the international brews, find one you like, and remember where it is. There are some really bad ones that you may need to wash down quickly.

Second the Laser Light show if you're into outdoors and lasers.

I've seen it only on 4th of July so it was patriotic outdoor lasers!

Thanks for the reminder, OrlandoBull.  I went on a family vacation there when I was like 10. good times

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

lol this is ironic, as I am heading up there next week for work!  I am definitely going to check out Stone Mountain.

• Content Count:  6,928

Lennox Square & Peachtree Malls....

Hit the MARTA and hold on to your wallet

Six Flags......

Love Atlanta,

Ty

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I probably won't be able to check out much...they just shortened my trip.  I'm going up Tuesday AM and coming back Wednesday PM.  =/

I probably won't be able to check out much...they just shortened my trip.  I'm going up Tuesday AM and coming back Wednesday PM.  =/

That's what vacation days are for.  Coupled with business trips it makes for powerfulyl cheap vacations, as rental cars and hotels are partially paid for and the travel is free.

Archived