• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The BCS after 10 years

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

if they did a playoff, would every game still be a neutral site?

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Every time I'm reminded the coaches poll is used it pisses me off.

You have 16 people (the SEC, the largest voting block) having the largest influence over what the ranks will be.  So, a conference has the biggest sway to put someone in the NC game because they have the most voters.  Let's see, can coaches subjectively pick who they think is best without biased knowing the high rankings teams get the more revenue they get (based on TV ratings, bowl payouts, and the like).

I agree the SEC is the best conference in terms of competition, but that doesn't automatically mean the #1 SEC team is in the top 2 nationally.

There is so much corruption in the coach’s poll it’s disgusting.  The same situation occurs with the old coaches from the Harris poll.  They still favor their conference or teams.

The media polls aren’t much better considering he media will edge teams with their media contracts.  Although I think there’s more diversity in the media.

I think the Vegas Poll should hold more bearing, but they couldn’t be trusted based on the fact they would set match ups favorable to betting situations.

Making the only legitimate polls the computer polls, which are hated by the people benefitted by the corrupted polls.  It’s hard to trust them too, as they get some screwy results sometimes.

It’s tough to argue against the fairness of a playoff.  To make the computer polls more accurate I think the NCAA should force some overlapping of scheduling between conferences.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

32 GAME 5 WEEK PLAYOFF IS  only answer

• Content Count:  260

Every time I'm reminded the coaches poll is used it pisses me off.

You have 16 people (the SEC, the largest voting block) having the largest influence over what the ranks will be.  So, a conference has the biggest sway to put someone in the NC game because they have the most voters.  Let's see, can coaches subjectively pick who they think is best without biased knowing the high rankings teams get the more revenue they get (based on TV ratings, bowl payouts, and the like).

I agree the SEC is the best conference in terms of competition, but that doesn't automatically mean the #1 SEC team is in the top 2 nationally.

There is so much corruption in the coach’s poll it’s disgusting.  The same situation occurs with the old coaches from the Harris poll.  They still favor their conference or teams.

The media polls aren’t much better considering he media will edge teams with their media contracts.  Although I think there’s more diversity in the media.

I think the Vegas Poll should hold more bearing, but they couldn’t be trusted based on the fact they would set match ups favorable to betting situations.

Making the only legitimate polls the computer polls, which are hated by the people benefitted by the corrupted polls.  It’s hard to trust them too, as they get some screwy results sometimes.

It’s tough to argue against the fairness of a playoff.  To make the computer polls more accurate I think the NCAA should force some overlapping of scheduling between conferences.

the coaches poll is comprised of 63 voters.  the SEC does not have 16 votes.  but i get your point.  it actually is a little more balanced as far as BCS vs non BCS coaches than i would have thougfht.

i find it to be even more bullsh$t that the big 10 had 7 voters in 2007 (as did the SEC)

http://www.math.tulane.edu/~mnicholas/College%20Football/coaches.html

BTW - i laughed at the link putting UCF in the Big East.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Win your conference and you are in (11) with 5 at large selctions.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Win your conference and you are in (11) with 5 at large selctions.

I like that one also.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

32 GAME 5 WEEK PLAYOFF IS  only answer

That would be a lot of games for a team though.  12 (13 for conference champion games) + 5 = 17 (18)

That's a little ridiculous for college.  Compared to what it is now.  Plus I’d shoot myself if I had to deal with Gator/Ohio state fans for an additional 5 weeks.  It’s bad enough as it is.

I would think an 8 team play off would be better.  Use the same formula to determine BCS teams, but then make it a tournament.  2 extra games.  Not bad.

• Content Count:  4,642

8 teams sounds nice

• Content Count:  73

nice name. NOT especially the past years in football,basketball and baseball

Archived