• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kamran Joyer now lists USF as top choice

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Another update.  My bad on my last post. Our daughter hadn't spoken with Kamran's mom the day the article came out.  She did speak with her this afternoon and she said it is a good possiblility that he will go to USF.  The article had it right.  The prospect of playing from day one has him intrigued.  Our daughter told them that we'll be the first ones to buy his jersey if he goes to USF.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Another update.  My bad on my last post. Our daughter hadn't spoken with Kamran's mom the day the article came out.  She did speak with her this afternoon and she said it is a good possiblility that he will go to USF.  The article had it right.  The prospect of playing from day one has him intrigued.  Our daughter told them that we'll be the first ones to buy his jersey if he goes to USF.

Thanks for the update.

Lets just hope he doesn't get an offer from UF and then he won't have to decide betwen the two. LOL

May 15, 2008

Joyer picks up more offers

Wesley Chapel lineman Kamran Joyer spent two hours with USF coach Jim Leavitt on Wednesday where he received another scholarship offer. In fact, he loved what he heard so much he now lists USF as his top choice followed by Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina and Miami.

Illinois also offered Joyer this week. He also has offers from Tennessee and South Carolina with Miami coming to visit next week.

Joyer will attend a camp at Florida June 11 where he hopes an offer will come soon after.

Joyer moved USF to the top of his list for two reasons: Leavitt said Joyer would have a strong chance to earn a starting position; and USF is close to home.

USF is thin at center and is considering Joyer in that role with four seniors on this year's line. Joyer currently plays guard, but he was a center in middle school and his father, Jack, said he should get some practice snaps with the Wildcats though he will not move to center this fall.

Joyer also liked the fact that USF will play schools such as Miami, Florida and Notre Dame meaning if he can become a four-year starter he'll have plenty of exposure nationally and perhaps a shot at the NFL.

Joyer has yet to speak with former Wesley Chapel lineman Danny Tolley, whose three years at USF have been hampered by injuries. Jack Joyer said his son is expected to make an oral commitment by the end of June, and that a chance to start would certainly carry a lot of weight in his decision.

"He started Day 1 at Wesley Chapel," Jack Joyer said. "His goal is to be a four-year starter."

-- IZZY GOULD

izzygould@gmail.com

Posted by Izzy Gould at 12:40:52 PM on May 15, 2008

in Hernando County , Pasco County | Permalink

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

thats a huge move and a huge statement for our recruiting

• Content Count:  12,293

i dont know about this one.  since his mother is involved in education (someone said she is a middle school prinicipal) then i bet he ends up at UF just because UF has more academic presitige than USF.

• Content Count:  526

i dont know about this one.  since his mother is involved in education (someone said she is a middle school prinicipal) then i bet he ends up at UF just because UF has more academic presitige than USF.

Sure but they haven't offered yet.  And by the looks of the kids they have offered its seems like they are hoping they won't need to.  Their prospect sheet reads like a HS All American list. 

Vice Principal at a middle school in Wesley Chapel.  Don't think it is a done deal but she said he is leaning our way. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He would NEVER be given a chance to start as a freshman at UF. He's ALWAYS been a starter  wherever he's played football and USF will give him a real chance to do that as a freshman.

His verbal is ROCK solid:

Joyer commits to USF

When asked if he would reconsider his commitment if Florida offered him a scholarship, Kamran said, "I wouldn't take it. I would stick to my commitment."

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2008/06/joyer-commits-t.html

Boy, I hope he sticks.  Last chat with our daughter indicates his mom doesn't want him at USF.  We won't know for sure for a year.

• Content Count:  203

I know his mother personally as she is a family friend of my dad's and have known her for over 15 years, and today she gave my dad a call and told him that he has committed to USF and that their family will be having a USF signing party in a few weeks to celebrate.

It is also rumored that he will be moving to center when he begins playing in the 2009 season per a conversation I had with his mother recently as well.

• Content Count:  203

Boy, I hope he sticks.  Last chat with our daughter indicates his mom doesn't want him at USF.  We won't know for sure for a year.

Let me tell you from what I know about his family...he won't reconsider and he will be at USF for the 2009 season...hopefully as our starting center.

Archived