• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kamran Joyer now lists USF as top choice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Joyer picks up more offers

Wesley Chapel lineman Kamran Joyer spent two hours with USF coach Jim Leavitt on Wednesday and received another scholarship offer. In fact, he loved what he heard so much that he lists USF as his top choice followed by Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina and Miami.

Illinois made an offer to Joyer this week as well. He has offers from Tennessee and South Carolina, and Miami will visit next week.

Joyer will attend a camp at Florida on June 11.

Joyer moved USF to the top of his list for two reasons: Leavitt said Joyer would have a strong chance to earn a starting position, and USF is close to home.

USF is thin at center and is considering Joyer in that role with four seniors on this year's line. Joyer plays guard now, but he was a center in middle school, and his father, Jack, said he should get some practice snaps with the Wildcats, though he will not move to center this fall.

Jack Joyer said that his son is expected to make an oral commitment by the end of June and that a chance to start would certainly carry a lot of weight in his decision.

"He started day one at Wesley Chapel," Jack Joyer said. "His goal is to be a four-year starter."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/preps/article508637.ece

He's certainly strong enough to play as a freshman.

Bench max: 425 pounds

Bench reps: 39

http://www.floridastate.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=66897&sport=1

If we can land Kamran, we will be in good position to get his 14 year old brother who is already stronger than him.  ;D

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/weightliftingpreps/article464710.ece

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I hope we can pick him up.  O-line should be the number one target over the next 2 years.  The sooner the better IMO.  Get guys in to get experience before they start.  As for Joyer, if he's good I don't mind him starting rihgt away.

I hope we can pick him up.  O-line should be the number one target over the next 2 years.  The sooner the better IMO.  Get guys in to get experience before they start.  As for Joyer, if he's good I don't mind him starting rihgt away.

Last year, both Sampson Genus and Richard Kelly were State finalists in Weightlifting and they got to play some as true freshmen.

Too bad, we just got beat out by Florida for the local OL originally from Tonga who is a good friend of Adaris Bellamy, as he is very strong as well and could have played here as a freshman. He had USF #1 before Florida jumped in. Leavitt had already promised him that he could room with Bellamy. Hopefully, we can get him back in the USF fold, if we have a great year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Picking up Kamran would be a huge get for USF.  Past articles haven't even mentioned USF as a possibility.  If the article is accurate and he has us at the top of his list now, it must have been one great meeting with Jim.  His mom is an asst principal at the adjoining middle school to WCHS where our daughter teaches.  Got to meet her once.  Lovely woman and can sing with the best. I didn't get to hear her sing the national anthem but my wife said it moved her to tears/chills.

And to land him might give us an edge in recruiting his "little" brother when the time comes.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

well said - my thoughts too.  this kid is a beast.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Our daughter told me last night that Kamran's mom says to look for him at UF.  Another example of kids telling the coaches what they want to hear but not what they really plan on doing.  Will still keep my finger's crossed but doesn't sound good.

• Content Count:  526

Our daughter told me last night that Kamran's mom says to look for him at UF.  Another example of kids telling the coaches what they want to hear but not what they really plan on doing.  Will still keep my finger's crossed but doesn't sound good.

I wouldn't be the least but surprised.  Parents hold a lot of weight with some kids.  We've seen it before at USF.  The most recent one was Anthony Mains last year.  I remember him cuz that kid is from my neck of the woods in SWFL.  He's a DL/DE from Naples that committed to USF.  However, he pulled it and committed to Wisconsin after being prodded by his parents.  They thought it was a better overall opportunity for him, athletically and academically. 

Hopefully he freezes his nuts off over there while getting that "better opportunity"

I wouldn't be the least but surprised.  Parents hold a lot of weight with some kids.  We've seen it before at USF.  The most recent one was Anthony Mains last year.  I remember him cuz that kid is from my neck of the woods in SWFL.  He's a DL/DE from Naples that committed to USF.  However, he pulled it and committed to Wisconsin after being prodded by his parents.  They thought it was a better overall opportunity for him, athletically and academically. 

Hopefully he freezes his nuts off over there while getting that "better opportunity"

I thought it was pretty classless the way he knocked USF academics. He should have just decommitted and kept his mouth shut.

• Content Count:  526

he pulled it and committed to Wisconsin after being prodded by his parents.  They thought it was a better overall opportunity for him, athletically and academically. 

I thought it was pretty classless the way he knocked USF academics. He should have just decommitted and kept his mouth shut.

Yes it was classless.  A school offers you a scolarship, you accept, your parents force you to decommit and go somewhere else, then you bash the school you originally committed to??? Thats not right at all. 

• Content Count:  937

that hunter kid is insane, 14 and benching that much...

Archived