• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tennesse-Martin Report

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  526
  • Days Won:  0

OHIO VALLEY CONFERENCE

Austin Peay State University

Eastern Illinois University

Eastern Kentucky University 

Jacksonville State University

Morehead State University

Murray State University

Samford University

Southeast Missouri State University 

Tennessee State University

Tennessee Technological University

University of Tennessee at Martin

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

19701_1.jpg

Dude...the chick on the far right is STANDING ON BARBED WIRE.

"Hey cheerleader on the right - would you please do the splits for the camera?"

• Content Count:  4,642

should be a good warm-up

• Content Count:  7,890

field.jpg

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

What's the link to the forum so we can start giving them the once over.  I heard we had the worst fan reputation in the Big East.  I'd hate to ruin that sort of title.

I'm kidding about taunting T-Martin, but has anyone heard this? Can they verify?

• Content Count:  7,890

160px-Utmskyhawk.jpg

What's the link to the forum so we can start giving them the once over.  I heard we had the worst fan reputation in the Big East.  I'd hate to ruin that sort of title.

I'm kidding about taunting T-Martin, but has anyone heard this? Can they verify?

It could be true... from what I've seen at games and the "pride" some users here have for that kind of behavior.

Also ... there doesn't seem to be any TN-Martin message board -- although I did not do much of a search.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

There is no Tenn-Martin message board.  There are some weak OVC boards on ESPN, SI.com, etc.  When asking around, I was told that this might be a good place to catch swome Tenn-Marti fans and/or some knowledgeable OVC/Tenn-Martin fans/watchers..

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

A forum for the lower division teams.

3191.jpg

FOOTBALL TEAM SEES DIVIDENDS FROM OFFSEASON PROGRAM

April 26, 2008

MARTIN, Tenn. --- UT Martin's new defensive line coach Adam Beauchamp didn't waste any time getting the Skyhawk football players into shape. Beauchamp arrived in December and by the end of February the Skyhawks completed an aggressive offseason lifting and condition program which produced four "All-Americans" and 13 "All-Conference" players.

"I am very pleased with our off season," said Jason Simpson, the Skyhawks head coach. "We improved our strength numbers but most importantly our team accountability and chemistry is better than ever."

Beauchamp divided the football team into eight teams. Dante Harrold, Cade Thompson, Nate Wilson, Quinton Groves, Craig Worthen, Brandyn Young and Ray Williams served as team captains.

Young's team of Trace McDermott, Dontrell Miller, Ray Teamer, Josh Frohock, Jamar Lawrence, Jarrod Grace, Jarvis Doleman and Tom Hansen won the competition.

"I am very proud of this group of young men for their tremendous effort, teamwork and attention to detail," Simpson said.

"Coach Beauchamp has done an outstanding job since joining our staff."

Each player had to max out in three lifts -- clean lift, squat and bench - and complete several conditioning drills. The player's height, weight and body fat percentage were recorded and a multiplier was used to determine total points. A player was named

"All American" if he scored 620 points or more. A player was tagged "All Conference" if he scored between 570 and 619 points.

McDermott, a rising sophomore, was the lone "All American" on the winning team. The running back from Athens piled up 637 points. He lifted a total of 1,085 pounds (300 clean, 465 squat and 320 bench).

McDermott saw action in all 11 games this past season. He had 42 carries for 289 yards and two touchdowns. His best game was against Murray State where he rushed 13 times for 157 yards.

swim_MissTN_Hayslett.jpg

Miss University of TN at Martin Crystal Hayslett walks across the stage during the swim wear portion of Miss Tennessee Scholarship Pageant preliminaries at the Carl Perkins Civic Center in Jackson.

Archived