• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keith Brumbaugh

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

What is it going to take and get this kid to move 10 miles north to the USF Campus??  With him here and Mercer coming in with an improved verdajo and DJ.  Throw in BJ and this team will make the NIT with NCAA Bubble aspirations

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

What is it going to take and get this kid to move 10 miles north to the USF Campus??  With him here and Mercer coming in with an improved verdajo and DJ.  Throw in BJ and this team will make the NIT with NCAA Bubble aspirations

Keep dreaming, Syracuse missed the NCAA with three McDonald's All-Americans, and their top seven guys as four or five star players.  This is the Big East baby, and my guess is Brumbaugh goes NBA.  What he's doing in JC is mind-boggling and the kid needs to feed a family.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Keep dreaming, Syracuse missed the NCAA with three McDonald's All-Americans, and their top seven guys as four or five star players.  This is the Big East baby, and my guess is Brumbaugh goes NBA.  What he's doing in JC is mind-boggling and the kid needs to feed a family.

way to stay positive and attack new members.

Dude if that was an 'attack' then change your tampon.  Case you haven't looked we're not winning many BE games, and Brumbaugh has been strongly suggesting that the NBA is a very REAL option for him...not to mention we've already burned half of our available schollies with a few more kids visiting the following two weeks and none with the name of Brumbaugh, or Flowers.

Just trying to face the facts.  I love the McMillan pick-up if you're looking for a positive from me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

So what's your criteria for a new member?

Realistically considering what we lose - matching this year might be success.

I would say make the Big East Tournament then the following year, I think we start to put some heat on Heath to get to the post-season (NIT).

everybody makes the big east tournament next year dude

Look at that the guy has reached one of his goals and the season hasn't even started.

you must have limited knowledge of college basketball

• Content Count:  10,565

Keep dreaming, Syracuse missed the NCAA with three McDonald's All-Americans, and their top seven guys as four or five star players.

How many McDonald's All Americans and Four and Five star players are on WVU's team?

Point being, you do not need the top rated players to make the tournament. You need the players who fit well into a coach's system. Coach Heath has a proven track record. His first 2 years at Arkansas were down year, but he molded that team into what you see now, a team coming off 3 straight NCAA tournament appearances/

Keep dreaming, Syracuse missed the NCAA with three McDonald's All-Americans, and their top seven guys as four or five star players.

How many McDonald's All Americans and Four and Five star players are on WVU's team?

Point being, you do not need the top rated players to make the tournament. You need the players who fit well into a coach's system. Coach Heath has a proven track record. His first 2 years at Arkansas were down year, but he molded that team into what you see now, a team coming off 3 straight NCAA tournament appearances/

It's true, but WVU has proven they have quite a few top notch mid-level recruits like Rouff, Alexander, and a four star coming in...not to mention Huggins, with great facilities and a decent history in hoops.  Furthermore, remember you have to beat Syracuse, and UL, and Gtown, and Uconn....and that isn't done overnight.  If you want to take Stan's ARK record as a barometer of success then most should feel good because his first year ARK team finished 9-19, and was 3-13 in conference.  So next year is still a rebuilding year so the point is don't project this team more than what it is capable of as it appears pretty obvious we're still rebuilding.  The point about Syracuse is that even the good teams have trouble winning in this conference.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Furthermore, remember you have to beat Syracuse, and UL, and Gtown, and Uconn....and that isn't done overnight. 

Well....USF beat 'CUSE and played Georgetown and UCONN down to the wire with a roster that had no depth and kids that didn't fit Heath's system or some that just flat out lacked skill. We are not that far from from a Top 8 finish as you think. Syracuse biggest problem was that it was a very young team and CJB didn't do his best coaching job. I'm not so concerned with all their parade all americans b/c you don't need those kind of players to be successful. Instead you need the 'right kind' of players.This recruiting class will be huge but CSH's most important class is a year away. Class #3 for any coach in any sport is always the key class b/c its a chance to build up the roster and/or make up for any major recruiting gaffes/misses.

However, i will concede that losing KG is huge and many are underestimating his presence even if he didn't put up the offensive numbers he was capable of down the stretch.

My early prediction would be 6 or 7 conference wins and the season being a run away success if we somehow get to 8 wins.

Bottom line for me: the basketball program has a buzz and is creating interest again.

Furthermore, remember you have to beat Syracuse, and UL, and Gtown, and Uconn....and that isn't done overnight. 

Well....USF beat 'CUSE and played Georgetown and UCONN down to the wire with a roster that had no depth and kids that didn't fit Heath's system or some that just flat out lacked skill. We are not that far from from a Top 8 finish as you think. Syracuse biggest problem was that it was a very young team and CJB didn't do his best coaching job. I'm not so concerned with all their parade all americans b/c you don't need those kind of players to be successful. Instead you need the 'right kind' of players.This recruiting class will be huge but CSH's most important class is a year away. Class #3 for any coach in any sport is always the key class b/c its a chance to build up the roster and/or make up for any major recruiting gaffes/misses.

However, i will concede that losing KG is huge and many are underestimating his presence even if he didn't put up the offensive numbers he was capable of down the stretch.

My early prediction would be 6 or 7 conference wins and the season being a run away success if we somehow get to 8 wins.

Bottom line for me: the basketball program has a buzz and is creating interest again.

Golly, 6-7 wins?  Man I would love the juice you're drinking because 5-6 would be huge, and 8 is nearly impossible.

No one said we can't sneaky a win or two in against the big teams, but beating the conference powers consistently, and this what 7-8 conference wins will take, will be a tall task since all our inside presence will be reliant on newbies, and Mercer won't even join the team until really January....

BTW, Syracuse was as up and down as they come, they also beat us by 20 at their home court.  Remember also that winning road games is another difficult endeavor in the BE as we've proven.  To get 7 wins we'd need to go probably 5-3 at home....WOW!  If we get some great turnouts at home then maybe.

Stan's best class hopefully will be his next one, because so far this one, aside from McMillan isn't going to draw wide acclaim.  This is a transition class, and I am sure next year will be better, but this team is probably two years away from being a middle of the pack team that can win 7-10 conference games.  Remember we play 18 conference games now, so winning 7 albeit is more likely, it's not automatic depending on the teams we have to play twice.  If we get Depaul, ND, Providence, Cuse, RU, and SJU again, then maybe 6-7 could happen, but if they rotate and we've got teams like Gtown, UL, Nova, and Quette home and away....wow!

Also, quality of players does make a difference in this conference.  We don't need McDonald's AA's necessarily, but we better get highly touted **** good players.  Consider that USF beat ECU, UAB, and UCF, and from taking those wins I project we probably would have finished in the top 3-4 in C-DOA, but with this talent we're the 15's best team in the BE.  That speaks volumes to how high the caliber of recruit that is necessary to win in the BE....AND REMEMBER, even teams with great talent in this league don't always finish at the top.  Syracuse arguably has the best HS recruits in the conference, and they are where they are.

Look at the rosters.

Nova- Sweet 16- seven top 150 players- Stokes, Anderson, Fisher, Drummond, Redding, Pena, Reynolds

WVU- Sweet 16- four top 150 players.- Alexander, Rouff, Smith, and Butler

ND- 2nd Round- five top 150 players- Harangody, Jackson, Zeller, Ayers, McAlarney

Gtown- 2nd Round- five top 150 players- Wright, Freeman, Summers, Sapp, Macklin

Uconn- seven top 150 players- Robinson, Dyson, Wiggins, Mandelove, Curtis Kelly, Adrien, AJ Price, and Thabeet who wasn't top 150 but four star

UL- seven top 150 players- Earl Clark, Character, Sosa, Smith, Goode, Holloway, Terrence Williams

Cuse- six top 150 players- Devendorf, Flynn, Greene, Harris, Jackson, Jardine

Pitt- seven top 150 players- Biggs, McGhee, Blair, Wannamaker, Benjamin, Fields, and Young

Quette- five top 150 players- Hayward, Mathews, McNeal, and James

Those are the nine teams and their potentially returning top 100 players, and it doesn't even include the 26 freshmen to be from the 2008 top 150 list that will be joining BE squads in the coming year, with a few more yet to commit.  It should be no small coincidence that the teams that managed 8 conference wins or more all had at least four top 150 players on their roster, and to date USF will have one, Mercer, who won't even be able to start playing with the team until the end of December.  So whereas chemistry is a HUGE plus, there is no substitute in this conference for natural talent.  Stan is building, but he's still a year or two away.

• Content Count:  5,881

Golly, 6-7 wins?  Man I would love the juice you're drinking because 5-6 would be huge, and 8 is nearly impossible.

No one said we can't sneaky a win or two in against the big teams, but beating the conference powers consistently, and this what 7-8 conference wins will take, will be a tall task since all our inside presence will be reliant on newbies, and Mercer won't even join the team until really January....

BTW, Syracuse was as up and down as they come, they also beat us by 20 at their home court.  Remember also that winning road games is another difficult endeavor in the BE as we've proven.  To get 7 wins we'd need to go probably 5-3 at home....WOW!  If we get some great turnouts at home then maybe.

Stan's best class hopefully will be his next one, because so far this one, aside from McMillan isn't going to draw wide acclaim.  This is a transition class, and I am sure next year will be better, but this team is probably two years away from being a middle of the pack team that can win 7-10 conference games.  Remember we play 18 conference games now, so winning 7 albeit is more likely, it's not automatic depending on the teams we have to play twice.  If we get Depaul, ND, Providence, Cuse, RU, and SJU again, then maybe 6-7 could happen, but if they rotate and we've got teams like Gtown, UL, Nova, and Quette home and away....wow!

Also, quality of players does make a difference in this conference.  We don't need McDonald's AA's necessarily, but we better get highly touted **** good players.  Consider that USF beat ECU, UAB, and UCF, and from taking those wins I project we probably would have finished in the top 3-4 in C-DOA, but with this talent we're the 15's best team in the BE.  That speaks volumes to how high the caliber of recruit that is necessary to win in the BE....AND REMEMBER, even teams with great talent in this league don't always finish at the top.  Syracuse arguably has the best HS recruits in the conference, and they are where they are.

Look at the rosters.

Nova- Sweet 16- seven top 150 players- Stokes, Anderson, Fisher, Drummond, Redding, Pena, Reynolds

WVU- Sweet 16- four top 150 players.- Alexander, Rouff, Smith, and Butler

ND- 2nd Round- five top 150 players- Harangody, Jackson, Zeller, Ayers, McAlarney

Gtown- 2nd Round- five top 150 players- Wright, Freeman, Summers, Sapp, Macklin

Uconn- seven top 150 players- Robinson, Dyson, Wiggins, Mandelove, Curtis Kelly, Adrien, AJ Price, and Thabeet who wasn't top 150 but four star

UL- seven top 150 players- Earl Clark, Character, Sosa, Smith, Goode, Holloway, Terrence Williams

Cuse- six top 150 players- Devendorf, Flynn, Greene, Harris, Jackson, Jardine

Pitt- seven top 150 players- Biggs, McGhee, Blair, Wannamaker, Benjamin, Fields, and Young

Quette- five top 150 players- Hayward, Mathews, McNeal, and James

Those are the nine teams and their potentially returning top 100 players, and it doesn't even include the 26 freshmen to be from the 2008 top 150 list that will be joining BE squads in the coming year, with a few more yet to commit.  It should be no small coincidence that the teams that managed 8 conference wins or more all had at least four top 150 players on their roster, and to date USF will have one, Mercer, who won't even be able to start playing with the team until the end of December.  So whereas chemistry is a HUGE plus, there is no substitute in this conference for natural talent.  Stan is building, but he's still a year or two away.

well then, i guess i shouldnt be optimistic and not look forward to next season since its a forgone conclusion we will be at the bottom again

Archived