• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TOP RATED USF RECRUITS . ( UPDATED ) NEW COMMIT ...

Guest AstroBull

You sure, I thought he played in Seminole County .

Your right...my mistake. But its still close. Its near Lake Mary, a major pipeline for us, where Ben Moffit came from.

I believe Ben Moffit went to South Sumter HS which is in Bushnell ...Mike Linaris went to Lake Mary

You are correct.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

Scores Of Locals In Rivals Top 250

Posted March 18, 2008 by Adam Adkins

Updated Mar 18, 2008 at 03:21 PM

The recruiting web site Rivals.com released its inital Top 250 football rankings list for 2009 graduates today, and to no surprise there were several local players included.

Heading the list of locas is Plant quarterback Aaron Murray, who is listed as the nation’s No. 43 prospect. That is a one spot improvement from where Murray stood in the initial Top 100 list released a few months ago.

However, the other player to make the initial Top 100 list, Armwood defensive lineman Ryne Giddins, didn’t fare so well. Giddins fell in the latest rankings from No. 98 to No. 204, the last of eight Hillsborough County players on the Top 250 list.

Plant and Armwood were two of three teams to have two players each on the list. Plant tight end Orson Charles, a Riverview transfer, is No. 148, while Armwood linebacker Petey Smith is No. 189.

Chamberlain also had two players on the list in defensive lineman Dontavious Pyron (No. 132) and quarterback Dontae Aycock (No. 183).

Gaither running back Jarvis Giles and Alonso defensive lineman Demonte McAllister were the only other Hillsborough County players on the list. Giles was No. 153, while McAllister was No. 128.

Dunedin running back Adaris Bellamy, who has committed to USF, was also on the list at No. 176.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C667/

• Content Count:  526

Of the locals in the top 250...

Aaron Murray- extremely doubtful...IMO he isn't a big priority

Dontavious Pyron- I say he's a possible signee because i haven't heard anything to the contrary

Demonte McAllister- Looks like he's in love with FSU. So I'll say doubtful

Orson Charles- I'm surprised he's this high but looking at his info, Ht: 6-3 Wt: 235 40: 4.5, he's impressive.  Haven't heard that he's not interested

Jarvis Giles- We all know what he's said...out of state or FSU

Dontae Aycock- Have no idea

Petey Smith- Seems to have a hard on for Auburn..something about his brother?

Ryne Giddins- A possible signee?

• Content Count:  4,016

Of the locals in the top 250...

Aaron Murray- extremely doubtful...IMO he isn't a big priority

Dontavious Pyron- I say he's a possible signee because i haven't heard anything to the contrary

Demonte McAllister- Looks like he's in love with FSU. So I'll say doubtful

Orson Charles- I'm surprised he's this high but looking at his info, Ht: 6-3 Wt: 235 40: 4.5, he's impressive.  Haven't heard that he's not interested

Jarvis Giles- We all know what he's said...out of state or FSU

Dontae Aycock- Have no idea

Petey Smith- Seems to have a hard on for Auburn..something about his brother?

Ryne Giddins- A possible signee?

Those are just the Hillsborough kids presently in the top 100.  If we signed Giddens that would be huge.  Pyron won't be eligible, Aycock we've got a better then average shot.

• Content Count:  526

Those are just the Hillsborough kids presently in the top 100.  If we signed Giddens that would be huge.  Pyron won't be eligible, Aycock we've got a better then average shot.

I just saw a pic from Scout at the spring practices.  Aycock was there with the rest of his team.  Hopefully we impressed him.

531168.jpg

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/738771.html

• Content Count:  557

NATIONAL KIDS

(S)5.   QB KEVIN NEWSOME  6-3/215/4.40 ( GOOD/GREAT CHANCE ) [glow=red,2,300]I’d like to hear from South Florida because I really, really like their offense[/glow]

Just to update we have offered Newsome 

Everything is going very well," he said. "I have two new offers, Michigan and USF. I really like them a lot.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=786832

THX, FOR THE UPDATE...I REALLY WISH PRYOR WOULD HAVE WENT TO UM NOW .

Giles has another offer ... that's 12

In building its football program into a Big East power, Rutgers has had great success in the Sunshine State. Now, the Scarlet Knights hope to pluck one of the best out of Tampa. Gaither coach Mark Kantor told the Times that Rutgers has offered a scholarship to Cowboys tailback Jarvis Giles. That's no surprise, really. Giles (5-foot-11, 178 pounds) already has offers from schools such as Florida and Florida State. The speedy back, who has posted back-to-back 1,000-yard rushing seasons, is rated as the No. 153 prospect in the Class of 2009 by Rivals.com.

Charles impressed with Gators; lists UF, FSU, Miami as favorites.

Plant tight end Orson Charles came away from his unofficial visit to Florida Friday with a scholarship offer, which came as a surprise to the 6-foot-3, 230-pound junior.

"I was short of words," he said. "I didn't know what to say but thank you."

Charles, who visited Gainesville with along with Plant coach Robert Weiner and Panthers teammates Aaron Murray and Hunter Balwin, also came away with a new appreciation for the school. The Plant crew sat in on Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Tim Tebow's chemistry class.

"I definitely came away impressed with the academics," Charles said. "He was taking notes. I was taking notes. They have one of the best GPAs and it gets better every year. I want to go to a school with a strong academic program."

Charles said Florida State and Florida are his favorites right now, but that he's eagerly anticipating an offer from Miami. USF, Auburn, Iowa and Arkansas have also offered.

But Charles, a transfer from Riverview, said he wants to take his time with his decision. He wants to major in architecture, so the school with the best program will likely have an edge, he said. He said he will narrow his choices sometime after spring practice.

"I still have a lot of research to do," Charles said. "Right now, I'm concentrating on learning the playbook and getting used to a new team. After that, I'm really looking forward to finding what's the best place for me." 

-- EDUARDO A. ENCINA

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2008/03/charles-impress.html

***QBS***

(S)5.  QB KEVIN NEWSOME  6-3/215/4.40 ( GOOD CHANCE ) I really, really like their offense

Newsome passed for 1200 yards and 12 touchdowns as a junior. He also ran for over 500 yards and scored 11 touchdowns.

He maxes out with a 285-pound bench, 370-pound squat and 280-pound power clean. In the classroom Newsome carries a 3.52 core GPA.

Newsome is also a track star, with a personal best of 14.1 seconds in the 110-meter hurdles and 7.5 seconds in the 55-meter hurdles, both times taken as a sophomore.

Update: Newsome won the state championship in March of 2008 for the 55-meter hurdles with a time of 7.35 seconds

(S)6.  QB EUGENE SMITH    6-3/180/4.60  ( OK CHANCE ) Right now I am wide open,†he said

Smith was named Second Team All-State QB by the FSWA for his junior season 2007. He was named Second Team All-Broward County as an athlete for 2007.

Smith was given Honorable Mention All Broward County as a sophomore with split playing time. This year the junior made Second Team All-State Quarterback as voted by the FSWA for 6A. Smith passed for 1,597 yards and completed 70 of 115 passes with 21 touchdowns and three interceptions. The junior missed three games during the 2007 season.

Smith looks to be one of the mostly highly recruited quarterbacks from Florida for the 2009 season.

(S)10. QB TATE FORCIER      6-1/190/4.63  ( OK CHANCE )I love all of the schools and I’m trying to get a chance to see all of them ( Should be coming in for a visit soon ).

As a junior at Diego (Calif.) Scripps Ranch, Forcier rushed for 733 yards on 66 attempts and had six touchdowns. He passed for 2,387 yards and 21 touchdowns with only five picks, for a 77% passer rating (164-for-213), which led San Diego County.

During his 2006 sophomore season at San Diego (Calif.) Scripps Ranch, Forcier threw for 1,637 yards and 16 touchdown passes and ran for 527 yards and six touchdowns, earning all-league and all-state honors. In the final game of the season, he threw for 271 yards on 19-of-28 passing and rushed for 162 yards and 11 carries.

Two older brothers both play Pac-10 football, Jason at Stanford and Chris at UCLA.

40: 4.7, VJ: 33, BJ: 9-7

(S)9. QB/S  NATHAN SCHEELHAASE    6-2/190/4.5 ( GOOD CHANCE )  The way they spread the QB out and have him run the show. I like how they have him make all the decisions and be a leader. That’s the type of player I am.â€Â

Nathan Scheelhaase helped lead his team to a perfect 13-0 junior season and the state championship. He completed 86 of 137 for 1861 yards, 20 touchdowns and only five interceptions. On the ground he also rushed 120 times for 917 yards and 14 scores.

Scheelhaase reports a 3.7 core GPA and is taking the ACT on April 12.

Scheelhaase: "I have the ability to run as well as pass. I'm a dual threat and I catch the defense off guard. I scramble well and can throw on the run."

Scheelhaase played safety as a sophomore and admits that some schools are still talking about the possibility of him playing on defense, but under center is where he wants to be. "Most everybody is recruiting me at quarterback and that's what I think I'm gonna play."

"You can never perfect your mechanics," he said. "I work with a quarterback coach about twice a month to work on all the little things. I also play basketball and lift a lot. I also run track to improve my speed."

IF YOU COULD PICK ONE, WHO WOULD IT BE ?

Archived