• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gators one and done

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Thank god I wont have to put up with those clowns at the NCAA tourney.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

+1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

That's the good news. Bad news is they were awfully **** young and inexperienced this year and will probably be a force to seriously reckon with in a couple of years with their recruiting classes ...

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

is there any chance they get into the tourney?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That's the good news. Bad news is they were awfully **** young and inexperienced this year and will probably be a force to seriously reckon with in a couple of years with their recruiting classes ...

Not according to Billy Donovan.

"It's hard for me to be excited going forward because I don't see things getting fixed," Donovan said. "It's in front of our guys, what it takes to win. For whatever reason, I haven't brought it out in them. They're not committed to it. . . . I'm not really excited about seeing this group of guys being sophomores."

ttp://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bianchi1508mar15,0,5039334.column

• Content Count:  118

Billy is right not to be excited about them being sophomores, because next year will probably be rough too. But if most of these guys remain around for their junior and senior seasons and the incoming freshman class guys stick around for a few years they could be a force. However, these days guys see the dollar signs and leave so having a young team right now at a big program doesn't really mean much. Instead of having a veteran team in 2 years the Gators could very easily be rebuilding again if a bunch of those guys test the draft waters.

That is why Bulls fans really do need to be patient with Heath, and let him bring in his recruits and not be critical if he isn't bringing in guys rated in the high 80s or low 90s according to recruiting rating systems. The less highly touted a recruit is, the more likely they are to stay for 3 or 4 years and become a crucial weapon. Imagine how good Dominique Jones could be his junior and senior seasons! Just getting guys like that is the key, not these loaded recruiting classes that the big schools seem to love bringing in.

• Content Count:  4,642

donovan is a good coach, and i doubt he'll have any trouble making that team consistently good.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Not according to Billy Donovan.

"It's hard for me to be excited going forward because I don't see things getting fixed," Donovan said. "It's in front of our guys, what it takes to win. For whatever reason, I haven't brought it out in them. They're not committed to it. . . . I'm not really excited about seeing this group of guys being sophomores."

ttp://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-bianchi1508mar15,0,5039334.column

Yeah I saw that quote somewhere before I posted...... Pure coachspeak and motivational tool.

Archived