• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-UCF Football moved to Saturday September 6th

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

I'm still debating if my wife and I are going to go.  I am not sure it is worth it to put up with their fans.  Maybe we will just take a long weekend and go to another away game.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Only bad thing is all thos gnats will have all day to tailgate, get drunk and be very obnoxious to all of us visiting fans.

My thoughts exactly, I am nervous about our fans being in that environment. I am undecided at this point, I am not high on the priority points list anyway, so I may have to get tix through UCF. I think I will decide as the game get closer, but I think I will probably miss that one.

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I went to their first on campus game last year vs Texas and saw first hand how rude and obnoxious their fans were to the longhorn fans, and they are not even a hated opponent like we are to them.  Definitely not a family environment over there.  I would not recommend bringing the family if you plan on going to this game.

• Content Count:  45

"I went to their first on campus game last year vs Texas and saw first hand how rude and obnoxious their fans were to the longhorn fans, and they are not even a hated opponent like we are to them.  Definitely not a family environment over there.  I would not recommend bringing the family if you plan on going to this game."

My son was threatened with fights 3 times as he left RJS last September (I was there too, and had no problem).  Would you recommend that new fans to USF games to not show up (much less - gasp! - bring their families) because of the rude and obnoxious behavior my son encountered?

We both have fans that are jerks.  The university has taken steps to rectify the few problem the UT fans encountered that day.  They weren't repeated the rest of the season.

Let's all hope for a great game, and a fun time for both schools.

• Content Count:  7,890

Webester definition of a loser: Someone who post on another teams message board.

Why are you here

"I went to their first on campus game last year vs Texas and saw first hand how rude and obnoxious their fans were to the longhorn fans, and they are not even a hated opponent like we are to them.  Definitely not a family environment over there.  I would not recommend bringing the family if you plan on going to this game."

My son was threatened with fights 3 times as he left RJS last September (I was there too, and had no problem).  Would you recommend that new fans to USF games to not show up (much less - gasp! - bring their families) because of the rude and obnoxious behavior my son encountered?

We both have fans that are jerks.  The university has taken steps to rectify the few problem the UT fans encountered that day.  They weren't repeated the rest of the season.

Let's all hope for a great game, and a fun time for both schools.

• Content Count:  809

I have to agree with the UCF fan, universities don't want to be known as a bad place for fans. FSU placed TONS of ads in the student newspaper and made constant announcements at it's games a few years back to keep fans from gettin nasty towards others.

I'm sure UCF will take care of the situation.

• Content Count:  5,241

Just do what I did at the last one in the orlando area,

Tailgate and park near tons of USF people (follow those cars from tampa!)

Dont wander, head to the stadium and to your seat.

You'll still encounter some bad folks as you will at every college game, but this minimizes the nasty encounters.

Okay, I didn't experience any problems at UCF last year... nor have I ever from any road game.  However, I have seen USF fans acting like idiots at almost every game I've been to. Especially when we win.

I mean, how classy is it to run up to an older couple from the visiting school and yell "You suck!" in their face?  Or worse, when we are at their stadium?

So let's all work with the fans who don't read message boards and ask them to have good sportsmanship.

(My only negative UCF fan interaction was at the first game at RayJay, where a UCF fan - probably a student - walked up to our group leaving and said "You still suck."  To which we replied, "0-17." which shut him up.)

• Content Count:  1,457

Good good good - Saturdays are for winners and tier 1 football teams - good to play on Saturday!

enough said

• Content Count:  1,297

Went to the UCF road game in 06 and had a great experience.  Sure their fans were rowdy but our fans were just as rowdy and at times obnoxious.  It's par for the course.  It was all clean fun.....for the most part.....didn't see any fights or excessive foul language.  I'm sure our fans chanting "Golden Showers" didn't help our case for having the classiest fans in the world.  :)  Looking forward to a great trip to Orlando again this year.

Archived