• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Butters/King supported by Matt Grothe

flsportsfan83

awww well you and JP would have been good! I have no flipping clue who the other people are...

That's very kind of you ;-) There were hard lessons for me to learn those years... and I think they convinced me to stay away from politics after USF. Sometimes, it doesn't matter who has proven themselves more, accomplished more for the school, who has more experience, who runs a clearly more professional campaign, whose heart is in the right place, or whether one lacks skeletons in the closet compared to an opponent with many. People will support whoever they support for whatever reasons they decide, and sometimes those reasons are trivial; other times it's just friendships that are important, or who "asked first." The best you can do is prepare yourself in every way possible to the the best job possible if you're running for the right reasons, and run a campaign you can be proud of regardless of the outcome. At least I can claim some wisdom when it comes to the limited subject of USF SG goings-on! :-)

Brandon, as a former Student Body President AND someone who ran for State Representative and lost (as well as managing several other campaigns), I can tell you this:

1) The lessons you learned apply in the real world just as they do in SG politics.  Voters are fickle, impulsive, and make decisions that often defy logic.

2) Once you get to a place in your medical career where you have some stability, you should run for office.  Too often, smart, talented, and dedicated people in this world shy away from politics.  (Not to say there aren't smart, talented, dedicated politicians - but they are becoming fewer and fewer.)  I can tell you that I am sure I will run for office again sometime in the future.  So should you.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

jim u should have the support of the bullspen....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,461
  • Days Won:  13

Thanks, Paul... at least some members.

smazza?

• Content Count:  545

now there is one from a hall taylor supporter that i think is also offending putting the hall taylor log on the flag at iwo jiima instead of the american flag.    i just wish everyone would keep it classy

• Content Count:  2,307

I've always wondered why some people were so into the elections.  And I don't mean the parties running, but friends of the people running.  There was one election (one of the ones that Faza ran in) that had 6 of my friends running in 3 different parties.  I decided not to vote in that election because I believed that more than one would do a great job.  Also, while at USF I also noticed that some people took the race as a popularity vote.  They wanted to title, they didn't really want to make USF better.

I've seen some people involved in the election that have become sore losers.  And that isn't necessary.  Especially when they we not the ones running.  Spreading lies about the new Pres and VP is not going to help the university.

I have also know King for a few years now, and I know where his heart is.  He loves USF and I'm sure he will do everything he can as VP to make it a better university for everyone.

Faza, you would have been one of those people that would have done a kick ass job.

• Content Count:  500

61FGXJ8V75L._AA240_.jpg

Would that be Ron "Tater Salad" White?

Ron-White-They-Call-Me-Tater-Salad.jpg

Im glad im not the only one that caught the fact she (or her dad) ripped off Ron White.

• Content Count:  478

61FGXJ8V75L._AA240_.jpg

Im glad im not the only one that caught the fact she (or her dad) ripped off Ron White.

i love this ignore function.

• Content Count:  478

Faza, you would have been one of those people that would have done a kick ass job.

i second that.  but anyone who remembers has gotta admit - mike and dave did an amazing job.  and its nice to see stuff - like the new MC- that came from their administration come to fruition.

• Content Count:  500

61FGXJ8V75L._AA240_.jpg

i love this ignore function.

You love it so much you have to sitemail me calling me an *******.  ;)

Archived