• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Butters/King supported by Matt Grothe

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

That's because Grothe is a smart kid. These 2 candidates (Butters/King) are capable of doing very good things for our Athletics program! They are constantly trying to get as many of the students involved with on-campus activities, something this university lacks very much.

Then why did King wear blue to the USF/UF baseball game last year?  ;)

The president of UCF was on campus today to support Hall/Taylor. The FSU SG president also endorsed Hall/Taylor. I think these two guys know a lot more than Grothe about elections.

There's a huge difference between saying you can get something done and actualy knowing you can get something done.

And there's a huge difference in knowing people that do stuff and actually doing something. The UCF president was on campus? Swell. FSU SG President? Super. Please alert these two to get to the polls on the double!

Dan-

I have never judged the view point or your perception, but honestly, it has to have been skewed by something or some one. King has screwed many of student organizations over by listening to Student Affairs, and if he is elected as SPB - he will bend over to all of the wishes put forth by Student Affairs. Morgan has done the same thing as he has made promises to organizations that he does not intend on keeping. How can some one promise supplemental funding to organizations outside of what was already given to them through ASRC.... they can't unless they break statutes and that can be grounds for impeachment.

Before you blurt out another sarcastic remark, do some homework, open your eyes and see who is supporting who...

Losing tickets rallied behind Butters and King

Winning tickets of prior years rallied behind Hall and Taylor

Leadership knows leadership... not a hard concept.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  565

That's because Grothe is a smart kid. These 2 candidates (Butters/King) are capable of doing very good things for our Athletics program! They are constantly trying to get as many of the students involved with on-campus activities, something this university lacks very much.

Then why did King wear blue to the USF/UF baseball game last year?  ;)

The president of UCF was on campus today to support Hall/Taylor. The FSU SG president also endorsed Hall/Taylor. I think these two guys know a lot more than Grothe about elections.

There's a huge difference between saying you can get something done and actualy knowing you can get something done.

And there's a huge difference in knowing people that do stuff and actually doing something. The UCF president was on campus? Swell. FSU SG President? Super. Please alert these two to get to the polls on the double!

Dan-

I have never judged the view point or your perception, but honestly, it has to have been skewed by something or some one. King has screwed many of student organizations over by listening to Student Affairs, and if he is elected as SPB - he will bend over to all of the wishes put forth by Student Affairs. Morgan has done the same thing as he has made promises to organizations that he does not intend on keeping. How can some one promise supplemental funding to organizations outside of what was already given to them through ASRC.... they can't unless they break statutes and that can be grounds for impeachment.

Before you blurt out another sarcastic remark, do some homework, open your eyes and see who is supporting who...

Losing tickets rallied behind Butters and King

Winning tickets of prior years rallied behind Hall and Taylor

Leadership knows leadership... not a hard concept.

Matt-

My views of Mr. King have been formed through working with him through the ASRC committee, which you know I'm on. I have been impressed with the work he has done, and believe that he has the students' best interests in mind. If this wasn't the case, he would not have supported the increase in A&S monies going directly towards student organizations for the '08-'09 year, and has personally contacted many organizations that he feels have not received a fair share of A&S monies. I know Greg Morgan through being a Resident Assistant, as he has been for three years, and I have talked to him numerous times about his plan to involve more students... that's right, STUDENTS.... into decisions being made. Please do not accuse me of not doing my homework, as I do not make blind decisions, sir. I have respected your decision, please respect mine. I'm not saying Mr. Hall and Mr. Taylor will be a bad SBP and SBVP, they will likely do a very fine job, but I believe that Greg and Tom will be better suited for the job.

I look forward to seeing you this evening for the announcement, and best of luck to you and the candidates you are supporting.

Obviously not interested in either ticket.

Whoever is announced winner tonight will bring change to USF, and I think we all agree that a change is what we desperately need.

Couldn't agree more....

• Content Count:  771

I look forward to seeing you this evening for the announcement ...

Any idea when and where?

last time it was in the basement of the mc.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Butter/King wins.

I wish them the best of luck and hope they impact and represent USF in a positive manner.

Butter/King wins.

I wish them the best of luck and hope they impact and represent USF in a positive manner.

I assure you, they will

Matt, and the rest of the Hall/Taylor campaign:

Congratulations on a very great effort. Again, I had no doubts in Hall/Taylor, but I had my opinion on who would be more competent being the voice of the student body.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Do you have the final results? I heard it was 2007-1917

• Content Count:  552

does that mean the hockey team gets all the money that was promised to them :)

• Content Count:  2,307

I've been saying King should have ran for office long before this year...Happy that the right ticket won. 

Archived