• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance is embarrassing

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

most students don't give a crap about our sorry @$$ basketball team. Things are looking poitive for the future though  ;D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  771

Coming off the upset of Syracuse and playing a ranked UCONN at home... the attendance is embarrassing.  They just showed bonus coverage on ESPN and there were empty seats everywhere. 

Winning will cure that in a hurry. Student attendance was very poor today.

mid terms.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Coming off the upset of Syracuse and playing a ranked UCONN at home... the attendance is embarrassing.  They just showed bonus coverage on ESPN and there were empty seats everywhere. 

Winning will cure that in a hurry. Student attendance was very poor today.

mid terms.

That's the worst excuse I've heard. I doubt there are many mid terms today or tomorrow.

• Content Count:  6,502

If you win.........they will come.  Winning puts butts in the seats.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Guys: the attendance wasn't that bad. The parking lot was filled all the way out to edge. My guess there were around 5-6K. I have no idea what was the announced crowd . Yes there were a LOT of UCONN fans, but whenever they got their "Let's go Huskies" chant going USF fans quickly overpowered them.

It was an outstanding game...other than the loss....and an OUTSTANDING atmosphere.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,649
  • Days Won:  6

The second level was completely sold out - you could only buy walk up tickets in the thrid level.  That's the good news.  The bad news was that there were zero students in their second level sections and about 1/3 of the donors did not show up AGAIN.  An on campus game at noon on a Saturday against the #17 team in the country - I don't get it.  Please just make your donation and don't accept the season tickets if you're not going to go to the games.  Or at least give them to a charity or youth group that will put butts in YOUR seats.  This team really does feed off the crowd and they deserve better.

The students and donors who showed did a great job drowning out the 3,000 UConn fans when they did get a little momentum going.  It was a great atmosphere but I just cringe at the number of no shows.

• Content Count:  45

I wanted to go to this game, but was unable to due to the lack of transportation. The only game i have been to this season was the one agaisnt West Virginia at the St. Pete Times Forum where we blew the game (like always and Gransberry cant shoot a free throw to save his life). At least we were competative agaisnt UConn, that momentum should push through our next couple of games.

• Content Count:  526

The second level was completely sold out - you could only buy walk up tickets in the thrid level.  That's the good news.  The bad news was that there were zero students in their second level sections and about 1/3 of the donors did not show up AGAIN.  An on campus game at noon on a Saturday against the #17 team in the country - I don't get it.  Please just make your donation and don't accept the season tickets if you're not going to go to the games.  Or at least give them to a charity or youth group that will put butts in YOUR seats.  This team really does feed off the crowd and they deserve better.

The students and donors who showed did a great job drowning out the 3,000 UConn fans when they did get a little momentum going.  It was a great atmosphere but I just cringe at the number of no shows.

AMEN to that brother.  Don't just fell good about yourself cuz you donate and feel that you don't have to attend because of it.  If you accept season tix then you are obligated to go.  If you don't feel the same way then DON"T ACCEPT!!!

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

I was there too...and surronded by UConn fans. Whenever they started to chant...I tried to chant louder.

There were just as many of them as there was us. Kinda sucks...but Heath's coaching abillity will turn the team around...and put (USF) butts in seats.

• Content Count:  695

I wanted to go to this game, but was unable to due to the lack of transportation. The only game i have been to this season was the one agaisnt West Virginia at the St. Pete Times Forum where we blew the game (like always and Gransberry cant shoot a free throw to save his life). At least we were competative agaisnt UConn, that momentum should push through our next couple of games.

I was at the West Virginia game too, I was also at the Wake Forest game at St Pete Times forum last year. The Bulls need to play more games there, it is a great venue.

Archived