• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

George Oleary recruiting luncheon is all about USF.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

George Oleary luncheon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right off the bat: "We hope to beat USF next year- Oleary: Stop it stop it already!" Question continues "What is the schedule next year?"

Answer: They (USF) are not interested in continued the series. Whatever. Personally I thought we had our chance to beat them two years ago. Last year we choked...We play BC, USF, SCState, and Miami.

Question: "Did our players view the games with USF as a rivarly?"

GO: "No, I dont think they did, That was the problem. USF does things differently then we do, personally this program is going up, and I like CUSA you know people always asking me at Big east this and that. We have an oppurtunity to dominate this conference. Their (USF) coach and me dont quite get along and we will be fine without future games with them"

Question: About recruting class

GO: Great recruiting class. Dont care about stars, judges of stars never touched a football.

Question: Who will replace 24k next year?

GO: Either Phillip or Weaver will most likely be starting at tailback.

Question: Who will replace Isreal next year?

GO: I like Greco's Athelticism, needs to make better descisons. Weatherford is promising. I should know after spring practices

GO: I want you all to show up for the spring game in the new stadium, it will be at 3:00 PM so that will give you guys some time to tailgate.

Q: Some say our contract with addias is up and under armor will be our new endorsement. Is this true?

GO: No, underarmor never has called us. I am a nike guy, I like thier shoes. Addias shoes are too soft. We have a 5-year contract with addias and we are looking to renew that.

Q: about ZN

GO: answered it

Q: Walk ons

I didnt really listen what he said about this

Said alot of things about discipline. When he came he cut 30 players from the roster. He makes random dorm checks. Un announced drug testing 7 times a year. Very disciplined kind of guy, seems like he runs a tight ship. Thats all I remember at the moment.

http://img115.exs.cx/img115/1141/grammar-nazi.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,725
  • Days Won:  425

Is there a real link for those that might really want to hear/read it? Your text is kind of disjointed...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,078
  • Days Won:  469

It might have been verbatim considering O'Leary and his problems with the truth...a little stammer, a little stretch and some make believe.

• Content Count:  162

It might have been verbatim considering O'Leary and his problems with the truth...a little stammer, a little stretch and some make believe.

Bulliever, all coaches have their strengths and weakness, right?  You take a shot at GOL for his widely publicized incident, but I haven't heard anything about the need for UCF's administration to come in and require an academic review board for oversight of the recruiting process.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,078
  • Days Won:  469

Bulliever, all coaches have their strengths and weakness, right?  You take a shot at GOL for his widely publicized incident, but I haven't heard anything about the need for UCF's administration to come in and require an academic review board for oversight of the recruiting process.

Because there was no need.  It's merely a change in process. You can correct a process, character issues are much harder to correct.

• Content Count:  500

The fat **** is upset Leavitt takes it to him everytime we play, so he cries and takes cheap shots as the series comes to an end. Good like with FAU and Schelly George.

• Content Count:  2,239

Is there a real link for those that might really want to hear/read it? Your text is kind of disjointed...

That was just some guy at the event posting what he remembered.  If it was a recording/transposing, he would have had more.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Audio from the Sentinel re: recruiting press conference:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/files/WS_10454.WMA

Is it me or does O'Leary always sound drunker than ****?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,725
  • Days Won:  425

That was just some guy at the event posting what he remembered.  If it was a recording/transposing, he would have had more.

Ah, so that came from a UCF message board? ...... That would explain a lot.

• Content Count:  12,293

i cant wait until our game with them is over next year and we can officially put UCF in the review mirror.

Archived