• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting Class

USFDan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

It just feels like we are going to whiff on all of our premium last minute commits,  Daniels, Johnson, Liuget, Streeter, Odoms.  Anyone else feel this coming.  How would you rate our class then?  We would probably drop into the 60's and be passed by UCF.  Yes I know some of our guys are underrated by these recruiting services, but perception is we can't even beat UCF in recruiting after the season we had.  Next years recruits look at all of this crap as well.  My belief is these recruiting services have destroyed the recruiting process.  We will always be looked down on.  If we ever get back to #2, all the analyst will say we don't belong.  Again perception is reality.  I may be jumping the gun, but just want to discuss.  I'm not  trying to bash anything. I really believe that for an 11 year old program we have done an outstanding job.  Just want everyone's thoughts?

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I think we are going to do well this week on the recruiting front.  We will scoop up a couple of the guys we are after.

If you are an undecided recruit, here is what happened at USF in the last two weeks:

1.  The school scheduled a game with Notre Dame your senior year; and

2.  The HC got offered a contract extension.

Those can't hurt.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I am not that concerned about it, I know it is a process, and every year counts, but we have the people in place to step in for the guys we are losing after this season. Next year will be a big recruiting year for us, but I honestly think we are OK for this season.

If we put together another solid season, recruits will warm up to us even more.

Here is what you need to think about. Sure, UCF is going to have better RB recruits than us (and on average, they are rated higher than the OL guys that we need). They just lost Smith, we just found Ford. No big time RB is going to come here.

I don't compare anything with them except score board.

Leavitt is a genius, and he will bring in the guys we need, and make them better than we thought they could be. Selvie wasn't recruited, Grothe wasn't recruited as a QB. Those guys have done alright for us, so bring in speed and potential, then develop it, and keep winning.

Good post to get people's opinions all in one place.

• Content Count:  919

Odoms is listed by 3 recruiting insiders as coming to USF.  I also have a good feeling about Baker.  If USF lands those 2, and either Daniels or Johnson, it will be a great finish to the best class ever at USF.  I'm still optomistic, and will be until the ink dries on Signing Day.

Also, big picture, I don't care what USF's classes are rated as long as the team keeps winning and secures a Big East Championship in the next few years.

• Content Count:  919

Dang, just saw that thread on Odoms.  But, I'm still optomistic!  I will not wallow with the smazzas of the world!

• Content Count:  1,757

We will be lucky to get one of these final guys we are hoping for. We will be fine though. Just keep building.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Atleast 2 of the kids we are still after i consider locks.  The rest are pretty much coin flips. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Who would the locks be?

Baker and BJ

• Content Count:  563

Who would the locks be?

Baker and BJ

I was going to post the same thing ! Two of our needs also at QB/CB . I think Liuget will be ours also . I would put OJ in as a lock . I dont know about L.Johnson and I hope we can land one of those WRs .

Archived