• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Liuget Drops Canes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  563
  • Days Won:  0

Liuget Drops Canes

A quick recruiting note while I watch the UM-Duke game: Manny Navarro of the Herald says that Corey Liuget has officially dropped the Miami Hurricanes from consideration. He was entertaining visits from schools like FSU, Rutgers and Illinois.

He had originally committed to Ron Zook and Illinois, but recently opened up his recruitment. There were some rumors of him going to LSU, and there was also word that he really wanted to play for the U. However, the circumstances (his mom's wishes for him to leave the state and a friend's shooting death) probably prevented that from happening. Good luck to him.

That leaves Miami with only one real option left at defensive end, Nick Perry. The problem is that he is likely going to stay in Michigan, barring some last minute change of heart. We can still land Gavin Hardin, but even if he decides to come here, he might not be able to be part of this year's class due to grade issues.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Liuget Drops Canes

A quick recruiting note while I watch the UM-Duke game: Manny Navarro of the Herald says that Corey Liuget has officially dropped the Miami Hurricanes from consideration. He was entertaining visits from schools like FSU, Rutgers and Illinois.

He had originally committed to Ron Zook and Illinois, but recently opened up his recruitment. There were some rumors of him going to LSU, and there was also word that he really wanted to play for the U. However, the circumstances (his mom's wishes for him to leave the state and a friend's shooting death) probably prevented that from happening. Good luck to him.

That leaves Miami with only one real option left at defensive end, Nick Perry. The problem is that he is likely going to stay in Michigan, barring some last minute change of heart. We can still land Gavin Hardin, but even if he decides to come here, he might not be able to be part of this year's class due to grade issues.

why isnt usf in the mix?

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I think we lost out on him. The only thing I here about him and the Bulls is that he was "confused". Maybe we had a hand in him dropping his commit from ILL.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Well the one thing in our favor is, its close enough to Miami where his family can still come watch him play every weekend.  So, if he needs that family base to be close by, we are in the mix.  Plus the whole playing time debate.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

i hope we get him, but his mom wishing for him to leave the state sounds kind of odd

Not if she wants him to live.  No matter how it's spun down there, I think it's a serious issue to consider.  By all accounts Pata was a nice guy trying to do the right thing, and he isn't here anymore.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

i hope we get him, but his mom wishing for him to leave the state sounds kind of odd

Not if she wants him to live.  No matter how it's spun down there, I think it's a serious issue to consider.  By all accounts Pata was a nice guy trying to do the right thing, and he isn't here anymore.

i guess im out of the loop but he can live anywhere. is there someone after him or something?

Archived