• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ball State in 2011 and 2012 per Greg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

Ball State?  1-1? Yikes.  What happened to the 2-1 with WKU?

So I guess we know now that we will do one and done games still (Notre Dame - I agree with this one) and 1-1 deals with non-BCS.  I agree we can play some non-BCS schools 1-1 (BYU, Utah, TCU) but Ball State?

I agree.  We can't do a 1-1 with Ball State.  It makes us look like we're on the same level when obviously, we're trying not to be.  We can do 1-1's with Michigan State, Kansas, Indiana and NC State, but not against a MAC team.  This doesn't make the program any stronger.  USF vs. Ball State won't sell tickets at RayJay and Muncie IN doesn't exactly have the aura that South Bend and Lansing do in the year prior and year after respectively.  This should be at least a 2-1. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

So I guess we know now that we will do one and done games still (Notre Dame - I agree with this one) and 1-1 deals with non-BCS.  I agree we can play some non-BCS schools 1-1 (BYU, Utah, TCU) but Ball State?

I agree.  We can't do a 1-1 with Ball State.  It makes us look like we're on the same level when obviously, we're trying not to be.  We can do 1-1's with Michigan State, Kansas, Indiana and NC State, but not against a MAC team.  This doesn't make the program any stronger.  USF vs. Ball State won't sell tickets at RayJay and Muncie IN doesn't exactly have the aura that South Bend and Lansing do in the year prior and year after respectively.  This should be at least a 2-1. 

And Ball State is not a good team.  1-1 with non BCS Hawaii, Utah, Boise State, BYU, TCU, shoot even Tulsa or Tulane, not Ball State.  We better get some big Hoss type guys from this visit.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I like Ball State - I've got people in Indy, so that's another road trip for the cramboner!

We may be in on that too man!  I've got buddies in Indianapolis as well.  And a Ball St. grad in there to boot.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

And Ball State is not a good team.  1-1 with non BCS Hawaii, Utah, Boise State, BYU, TCU, shoot even Tulsa or Tulane, not Ball State.  We better get some big Hoss type guys from this visit.

You want Tulane but not Ball State?

Wow

• Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

You want Tulane but not Ball State?

Wow

I'd take Tulane over Ball State too.  Tulane is in C-USA, a better conference than the MAC.  Also, playing Tulane would give us more a presence in Louisiana.  Playing Indiana and Notre Dame would already put us over pretty well in Indiana without playing Ball State.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Don't like playing Ball State, especially at a 1/1 deal.  Maybe if it were a 2/1 deal.  They aren't BCS and isn't that the excuse we tell UCF why we don't want to play them?  In all honesty, I'd rather play the Tinmen 1/1 than Ball State.  Or how about FAU again, at least they are close and it would be financially beneficial to teh school.  We go to Muncie, Indiana and we barely break even on money. 

The mAC is better than CUSA

Last year Ball State played

Miami (Ohio) Lost 14-13

Eastern Mich Won 38-16

Navy            Won 34-31

Nebraska      Lost 41-40

Buffalo         Won 49-14

Central Mich   Loss 58-38

Western KY   Won  35-12

Western mich  won 27-23

Illinois           Lost   28-17

Indiana         Lost   38-20

Toledo         Won  41-20

Northern Illinois Won 27-21

Rutgers lost             52-30

The team is not as bad as people on here think.......

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I'd take Tulane over Ball State too.  Tulane is in C-USA, a better conference than the MAC.  Also, playing Tulane would give us more a presence in Louisiana.  Playing Indiana and Notre Dame would already put us over pretty well in Indiana without playing Ball State.

Well said PBJ (which is my favorite sandwich).

Now might Tulane played

Miss State L 38-17

Houston L 34-10

Southeast Louisiana W 35-27

LSU L 34-9

Army L 20-17

UAB L 26-21

SMU W 41-34

Memphis L 28-27

Tulsa L 49-25

UTEP W 34-19

Rice W 45-31

ECU L 35-12

4-8 Tulane does not look better than Ball State

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

We have to play some 1-A non-BCS teams and only the brand new ones, like FAU and FIU will agree to a 2-1. One of the reasons for that is because they can get BIG bucks for playing in large BCS stadiums, so we really don't have any leverage. We can't afford to pay the going rate for them to come here for a payday.

Look at UConn and Pitt they BOTH signed 2-2 deals with BUFFALO!

Bulls sign to play Pitt, Army

By Rodney McKissic - News Sports Reporter

Updated: 01/22/08 3:50 PM

The University at Buffalo has completed its 2008 non-league football schedule with the addition of Pittsburgh and a home date with Army. UB previously reached agreements with Missouri and Texas-El Paso.

In addition, UB has also signed a four-year agreement with Connecticut to play the Huskies in a home-and-home series beginning in 2010 as well as a two-game series with Central Florida.

Buffalo has signed a four-year home-and-home agreement with Pittsburgh, starting in 2008. Buffalo will begin the series when it travels to Heinz Field in Pittsburgh on Sept. 6, 2008. Pitt will travel to UB Stadium on Sept. 12, 2009, while the series will conclude with games in 2011 and 2012. The Bulls will host Army on Oct. 18, 2008 in the first of two meetings between the schools. The Bulls will open the 2008 season by hosting UTEP on Aug. 28, and will open the 2009 season in El Paso. Missouri is a one-game agreement that will see Buffalo travel to a Big 12 opponent for the first time since a game at Iowa State in 1968.

The Bulls will begin the UConn series at Storrs on Sept. 25, 2010. The teams will play again at UConn in 2012, while the Huskies will come to Buffalo for games in 2011 and 2013. The Bulls will open their series against UCF on Sept. 26, 2009 in Orlando, while the Golden Knights will return the game at UB Stadium on Sept. 18, 2010.UB's Mid-American Conference schedule will be released at a later date.

rmckissic@buffnews.com

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/258008.html

Leavitt, wants the OOC schedule to be BALANCED and Ball State fits that bill. Of course, as a FAN, I'd like to see USF play all name teams, but then again I don't have to play them. LOL

Archived